Answer me this!

[ QUOTE ]
Doug any tips for 5 day trips? I have two lined up next month, with one day off between.
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep your cellular telephone charged and take extra underwear.

I have SAT and SUN off, then commute back to DFW and start a trip on TUE so tomorrow is a combination of 'day off' plus looking for a seat to DFW and doing laundry. I won't even see my wife until friday!

What is wrong with JC - I post about a chicken who lived without a head and no one even mentions it!! GEEZ!!!

[ QUOTE ]

About the 5 day trip - I think doug covered it with the extra underwear thing! What else does a pilot really need??

[/ QUOTE ]

A 'to do' list.

I typically get home and forget everything that I thought about doing on my trip. Like replacing my 'on the road' toothbrush, refilling my shampoo bottle and other basic stuff.

I usually organize my thoughts on my Palm Pilot, but get home so tired and disinterested in thinking about my job that I typically forget about all of the notes and 'to do'-stuff in my palm pilot.

[ QUOTE ]
What is wrong with JC - I post about a chicken who lived without a head and no one even mentions it!! GEEZ!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

A chicken without a HEAD?! Get out!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

(Sorry, don't know what came over us there . . . Maybe it was because you didn't mention sex, airplanes, or politics, and actually had photographic proof so there was no controversy for people to argue about? If it doesn't lead to rowdiness, it doesn't lead anywhere at all?)

The chicken crossed the road to have sex with the previous female chickent that crossed the same road.

Okay, if you want controversy...

I'm doing some research for work, and flipping through some old aviation magazines from the mid 60s.

I love some of the ads in there. They've got people promoting their three martini flights. They've got ads promoting their five minute reservation process, and they've got ads promoting DMEs that would be laughed at in a training aircraft these days.

But the best were some of American's ads. They've got some with a tagline "People keep stealing our stewardesses" which goes on to talk about how their girls get married in an average of less than two years. They also talk about how being beautiful isn't enough -- nope you gotta have girls who like people.

It cracked me up.

So there you go. Aviation and sex in one post.

Ah, the good ole' days where we had to retire at the ripe old age of 35. Or earlier if married. Maternity uniforms? HA! You were let go instantly as soon as you started to show. Weight checks every week (I actually had a weight check at my Eagle interview, I had to fit into their 'height/weight' chart's proper proportions!). And even girdle inspections!

How times have changed!

"You're 35 and you're not married? Do you want to become some old maid with 16 cats?"

How funny. I suppose that back in those times, by now, they'd be saying, you know, there's something funny about that Tony guy. He's is 35 and he's not married. He doesn't even have a girlfriend. I think there's something wrong with him. Do you think he might not like girls?

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How funny. I suppose that back in those times, by now, they'd be saying, you know, there's something funny about that Tony guy. He's is 35 and he's not married. He doesn't even have a girlfriend. I think there's something wrong with him. Do you think he might not like girls?

[/ QUOTE ]
You kiddin', Tony?? I'm sayin' that RIGHT NOW!!!

grin.gif

Kidding.

I was in your exact situation when I was 35.... which, coincidently ended up being the year I met my wife.
grin.gif

Ain't nuttin' wrong with waiting, my friend.

R2F

Back