Another twist in the roller coster ride at Comair!

H46Bubba

Man I feel like a yo yo with all the constant changes by Southernjets Intl:insane::rolleyes:

Earlier this month, I communicated that Delta Connection planned to assign an additional seven CRJ-900s to Comair beginning in October. The fluctuations in our flight schedule continued this week as Delta Connection revised our assignment and will no longer position these aircraft with Comair.
This latest development is disappointing, especially because we moved so quickly to adjust our operation to take advantage of this opportunity. This year, we’ve seen more uncertainty than any of us would like regarding our fleet and schedule, and the most recent development impacts our plan in the following manner:
Fleet: Since January, we have anticipated our fleet declining by 14 aircraft by the end of the
year. Today’s news does not change that outlook, and eight CRJ-100/200 aircraft will be
returned to lessors when their agreements expire. The plan also calls for reduced utilization on
the remaining 50-seat planes.
Staffing: As we communicated before the additional CRJ-900 assignment, we anticipate an
overage in our crew staffing. Pilots and flight attendants should stay tuned to EPIC in the
coming days for information regarding changes to the staffing outlook and the next steps in ourprocess. We also continue to review administrative positions to ensure that we are appropriately staffed to support the operation.
We should anticipate fluctuations in our flight schedule to continue as Delta adjusts its plans
according to fuel prices and associated economic factors. I remain committed to sharing significant updates with you.
As I’ve acknowledged in previous communications, this year has been a rollercoaster. We must look beyond this most recent valley to our next potential peak. I appreciate your flexibility, resilience and your determination to deliver a quality product to our customer regardless of what’s happening “behind the scenes.”
Response from Comair MEC:
Originally Posted by ALPA MEC E-Mail

Dear Comair Pilot,

As you may have already read, the company today announced that we will not be receiving the seven CRJ 900 aircraft that were previously promised.

Why would the company make an announcement that we would be getting seven new aircraft, only to flip-flop its decision two days after the vacancy bid award was announced?

Your MEC is at a loss as to why this management team would intentionally subject the pilot group to this kind of emotional distress. Is this yet another attempt by management to divide and conquer through misinformation? Only time will tell.

Given the fact that the company has changed the staffing and fleet plan multiple times in the last few months, we shouldn’t have to wait long for our answer. In our opinion, this is no way to run a successful business or maintain any credibility with this pilot group.

We find it curious that this management team seems to have so little control over the day to day operations, much less the future, of this airline. In fact, the word “inept” comes to mind.

Your MEC has one question for you: How much confidence do you have in this management team’s ability to run this airline?

In Solidarity,

Comair MEC

It's because now that the joint contract with NWA has been approved, the real business plan is unveiling...and I don't think it will have CVG as a DL hub for much longer.

But....but....but they said no base closures! They said it, so it must be true!

Any word on where the -900s will be going? I'm gonna have to fend off more "WE'RE GETTING MORE -900 RUMORS" around here now, especially with the last two vacancies being ONLY ATL.

I'm really not surprised anymore by the stunts pulled by this company. Just park all the airplanes and shut down the whole operation and be done with it.

It's because now that the joint contract with NWA has been approved, the real business plan is unveiling...and I don't think it will have CVG as a DL hub for much longer.
Here's the speculations that I've been piecing together from different sources. CVG will no longer be a hub, but become a focus city as like BOS. For CVG post merger, Delta/Comair will close the C terminal. Everything will be going to the A and B terminals. They've already been measuring dimensions over at the B Gates to bring over the RJ's. Delta has also been inquiring as to Comair taking over all ground operations from Delta. There will continue to be Delta flights to west coast destinations such as LAX, SAN, SFO, SEA, PHX, LAS and PDX. Delta will also continue to operate mainline flights to and from BOS, JFK, and ATL. Everything else will be DCI. Comair, Mesaba and Compass's day to day operations will be run by a single entity, which I guess will be a new improved DCI, and all three will have to all operate on the same operating systems and programs for crew scheduling, mx, and so on.

I would say "that's unbelievable!!" but it is Delta. So I guess the proper response would be; "I'm sorry to hear that...You all deserve much better"
I'm soooo tired of the Almighty D! The company jerks around so many people and businesses. Every promise, whether verbal or in writting seems to be a show, as they obviously work to do the complete opposite. I don't know, maybe I'm more bothered because it's an election year and that is all we hear nowadays. And their FAs and gate agents are really rude...that bugs me too.

Anyone know if the Almighty D has always been like that or is this a personal trait of R. Anderson reflected in the company?

I hope the best for all the Comair employees....And all those who have to deal with Delta.

Here's the speculations that I've been piecing together from different sources. CVG will no longer be a hub, but become a focus city as like BOS. For CVG post merger, Delta/Comair will close the C terminal. Everything will be going to the A and B terminals. They've already been measuring dimensions over at the B Gates to bring over the RJ's. Delta has also been inquiring as to Comair taking over all ground operations from Delta. There will continue to be Delta flights to west coast destinations such as LAX, SAN, SFO, SEA, PHX, LAS and PDX. Delta will also continue to operate mainline flights to and from BOS, JFK, and ATL. Everything else will be DCI. Comair, Mesaba and Compass's day to day operations will be run by a single entity, which I guess will be a new improved DCI, and all three will have to all operate on the same operating systems and programs for crew scheduling, mx, and so on.

Word from the pilot side is the same. Apparently B terminal is going to occupy RJ's. JFK will be mostly international with RJ's feeding the pax.

. . .what the hell is a focus city??? :confused:

. . .what the hell is a focus city??? :confused:
They're mini hubs. You have Delta flights to Delta hubs and to several other travel destinations and you have regional feed, but most of the traffic is passengers flying a Delta Connection flight and connecting to another Delta Connection flight. That was how MCO used to be and how BOS is now. BOS, LGA, and LAX are Delta focus cities.

Back