Another TSA classic

Sprint100

Don't know if this is already posted somwhere, but the L.A. Times reported a felon on probation was caught hiding on a plane. He boarded with no ticket LOL. He was found by passengers while he was hiding in the bathroom.

It's not their fault, things work exactly as they are supposed to, and this incident in no way shows flaws in the system.

[ QUOTE ]
and this incident in no way shows flaws in the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

The TSA is in charge of PREVENTING this sort of stuff LOL
grin.gif
How did he even get through to the gate?

I don't see how this is a flaw in the TSA's system, besides the fact that they missed checking his boarding pass, before putting him through security. It's more of a flaw in the airlines system, because he got passed their gate agents.
BTW-I am really tired of people bitching over the how TSA is soo inept!! What is complainig going to accomplish, NOTHING. If you don't like it, then give some constuctive critizism.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how this is a flaw in the TSA's system, besides the fact that they missed checking his boarding pass, before putting him through security. It's more of a flaw in the airlines system, because he got passed their gate agents.
BTW-I am really tired of people bitching over the how TSA is soo inept!! What is complainig going to accomplish, NOTHING. If you don't like it, then give some constuctive critizism.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see how this is a flaw in the TSA's system

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the fact that they're the Transportation SECURITY Administration....

Uh, don't you have to have a boarding pass to get past the security screening area?

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, don't you have to have a boarding pass to get past the security screening area?

[/ QUOTE ]

Details, details.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, but at most of the airports I visit, the boarding pass is checked by one of those inept contract "security" people, not the TSA. I don't know if the TSA would do any better, but I wouldn't hire those contractors to carry my soiled laundry to the hamper. I've done online check-in from home before, and had them scrutinize my boarding pass because it didn't look "real" enough ... or even the ones from the kiosks because they're not on card stock!

AARRGGHH!!

FL270

It sucks, last time I flew you didn't need anything to go through security (except lack of metallic objects).. Was nice to bring family though.

Of course that was 6 years ago, in a much more cheerful time.

The fault is of security AND the airline gate personnel.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Read what I posted.........
[ QUOTE ]
besides the fact that they missed checking his boarding pass, before putting him through security.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If TSA handles airport security, and this was clearly a security breach, who's fault is it?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides the fact that they're the Transportation SECURITY Administration....

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly was this guy posing a security concern? He didn't have a weapon. Furthermore, it's not the TSA's job to profile people based on what they look like! REMEMBER!!!

It is their job however not to allow people who shouldn't be allowed access to secure areas into secure areas
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If TSA handles airport security, and this was clearly a security breach, who's fault is it?

[/ QUOTE ]
How is it a security breach? He was put through security (metal detectors, the wand, ect.) just like everyone else!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How is it a security breach? He was put through security (metal detectors, the wand, ect.) just like everyone else!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still not the airline's fault! The TSA has, de facto, declared that the airlines can not ensure the security of transportation, and they have since taken over the job.

Therefor, if there are ways for people like this to get on the aircraft, the TSA needs to come up with better security!!!

Either than, or admit that they're no better at security than a chicken, and give everybody normal life back.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for starters, not having a valid boarding pass or ticket beyond a certain point is a security breach in itself.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW-I am really tired of people bitching over the how TSA is soo inept

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like a passenger I had last month ... He shows up and presents his credentials to the TSA informing them he is a criminal investigator with the US Army and is armed. The TSA accepts his credentials and during the screening process take away his nail clippers because as they say they are considered a weapon as they hand him his 9mm back. Please tell me how this is not ineptatude.

Back