Another TSA classic

That's nothing. When I came back from New Zealand, you know what they have there? Nothing. Not one metal detector, not one security screening gate, nothing. You just walk to the ticket counter and get checked in.

I mentioned that to my folks and they told me that back in the day, that's the way it used to be in the US as well.

Drew, if the guy didn't have a boarding pass, he's not supposed to be let into the secured area. Period.

So yes, it is a screw up. Now it may be the fault of the contractors who are supposed to check the boarding passes, but when the rules are that you're supposed to have a certain piece of paper to go to a certain place, and someone doesn't have that and gets in, it's a problem.

That sounds like burocracy to me (with its cousin, ineptitude usually close by). I can see it now. "I'm sorry sir, you cant take that swizzle stick on board. You might poke someones eye out. Here's your service revolver, have a nice day"

You just have to laugh.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
O.K., I can see how this is a problem, but a security threat? I think not!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, no security threat at all (at least in my/our opinion), but he sure did breach security.

[ QUOTE ]
O.K., I can see how this is a problem, but a security threat? I think not!

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmm... maybe ordinary guy without a record - yes.. but i would say that a FELON on PROBATION getting thru security without a boarding pass and getting ONTO a plane without a ticket IS a security threat....

how in the world he bypassed security agents AND gate agents during boarding is beyond me - he must have known some way of getting onto the plane that others do not, he must have known how to get there thru "underground" methods or he must have had some help....i just can't imagine getting past all of those folks without a boarding pass, ticket or what not.. doesn't make any sense...

[/ QUOTE ] Nope, no security threat at all (at least in my/our opinion), but he sure did breach security.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, point he passed through TSA security, so we know he wasnt armed, thus no security threat. However, because they say its secuity that you must has a ticket to pass secuity, it was a breach.
This is how I see it.

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me how this is not ineptatude.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Cause the procedures and rules the TSA "follow" (apparently at whim and with absoloutely no consistency across different airports) say it's not?
smirk.gif

Back