And now,it begins.

[ QUOTE ]
than you realize that that means you too FB... not just all the other folks in this thread "need to keep it clean & professional"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Kristie, I agree wholeheartdly.

Hello again all... been awhile since I have posted, mainly because I haven't wanted to get caught up in this nonsense. Do have a question for Mike Lewis, Mike D, Kristie, Doug, etc... though, do you have any kind of 3 strike rule? I have had my share of debates in the past, mainly with UPS and Philosopher, but I think they were kept to a mature level, both sides respecting the other (at least from my end) but not necessarily coming to agreement, and we never received any warnings. What is going on now is by no means helping any potential student out there other than maybe wanting them to stay away from the individuals arguing. I am an instructor at DCA and friends with Fo Shizzle and mnixon and wannabe and planediveguy but am not trying to exclude them from this, but look at the last posts the last 2 times you shut the thread down. If all of us, myself included, can't keep these threads away from idle threats and rumor spreading and personal attacks, then I feel there shouldn't be posts at all. We all know UPS doesn't agree with the marketing of DCA and repetitively will say so, but at least he has something concrete he can argue against, not "wait and see" bs. I ask you moderators, as both a supporter of DCA and of helping students gain knowledge, that you be a little more restrictive in what is allowed to be posted, from both pro and con sides. Enough is enough here already... no one is benefitting.
banghead.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hello again all... been awhile since I have posted, mainly because I haven't wanted to get caught up in this nonsense. Do have a question for Mike Lewis, Mike D, Kristie, Doug, etc... though, do you have any kind of 3 strike rule? I have had my share of debates in the past, mainly with UPS and Philosopher, but I think they were kept to a mature level, both sides respecting the other (at least from my end) but not necessarily coming to agreement, and we never received any warnings. What is going on now is by no means helping any potential student out there other than maybe wanting them to stay away from the individuals arguing. I am an instructor at DCA and friends with Fo Shizzle and mnixon and wannabe and planediveguy but am not trying to exclude them from this, but look at the last posts the last 2 times you shut the thread down. If all of us, myself included, can't keep these threads away from idle threats and rumor spreading and personal attacks, then I feel there shouldn't be posts at all. We all know UPS doesn't agree with the marketing of DCA and repetitively will say so, but at least he has something concrete he can argue against, not "wait and see" bs. I ask you moderators, as both a supporter of DCA and of helping students gain knowledge, that you be a little more restrictive in what is allowed to be posted, from both pro and con sides. Enough is enough here already... no one is benefitting.
banghead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying is if someone informs DCA students of thier rights, make threats of a CLASS ACTION lawsuit to right DCA wrongs, (No idle threat there, by the way and it happened to more than one person) exposes the truth about DCA and encourages the consumer to stay informed, you want them to be excluded from Jetcareers while you guys tell people of the "positives" about DCA and you know you guys will not say anything negative or show the "Flip side" of the coin at DCA.
Your motives are very transparent- if you want to talk about restricting people start with the ones who have personally attacked every person on these boards who disagreed with the pro DCA view. What's that called again, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks?

Unlike DCA if you disagree with a view and have to put up with a lot of politics and would be fired, Doug asks that we keep it clean and no personal attacks which, admittedly, I have been guilty of.
I think we could show our views respectfully and just agree to disagree. That is how these boards work right?
grin.gif

I agree with some of your points, but you did target me with that idle threat/ wait and see b.s. remarks.

I try to make sure the threads stay civil. But beyond that I've delved into, at least in the DCA section, making sure now that posts have some sort of useful content. Most of the threads in this section are really repeats of each other. And it's a total waste of bandwidth. We already know how certain people feel about DCA, good or bad. Yet, one side or the other consistently bring up stuff that's already been brought up. So, my plan is to begin policing civility, but also content here. We know how FB feels about the school and that he has some intent address that on his own. We know how the IPs there feel. Until something changes one way or another, good or bad, is there a chance we can discuss something other than the daily mud-slinging? There's got to be something else that can be discussed here.

Because the trash is getting swept up in this forum............and some things are going to go.

[ QUOTE ]
So what your saying is if someone informs DCA students of thier rights, make threats of a CLASS ACTION lawsuit to right DCA wrongs, (No idle threat there, by the way and it happened to more than one person) exposes the truth about DCA and encourages the consumer to stay informed, you want them to be excluded from Jetcareers while you guys tell people of the "positives" about DCA and you know you guys will not say anything negative or show the "Flip side" of the coin at DCA.
Your motives are very transparent- if you want to talk about restricting people start with the ones who have personally attacked every person on these boards who disagreed with the pro DCA view. What's that called again, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks?

Unlike DCA if you disagree with a view and have to put up with a lot of politics and would be fired, Doug asks that we keep it clean and no personal attacks which, admittedly, I have been guilty of.
I think we could show our views respectfully and just agree to disagree. That is how these boards work right?
grin.gif

I agree with some of your points, but you did target me with that idle threat/ wait and see b.s. remarks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hummm.. your first sentence says "make threats of class action..." so yes, even you admit they are threats, nothing concrete. I appreciate your concern and willingness to tell me what I was saying, but I know what I was saying. If you will re-read my post before wanting to jump on your soapbox you will see I said I didn't want to exclude my friends or myself from this criteria of keeping the posts to a mature and professional level. Yes I am a supporter of DCA because it has worked for ME, but you wouldn't know that from reading my previous post. So before you go grouping me into "you guys" that are supporters of the program and trying to figure out what my motives are since they are so transparent from my one post you read, chill out. I was simply asking that these threads be moderated with the potential student in mind and restrict those that can't do so and insist on making personal attacks, mainly you FB and mnixon, but mnixon has refrained since an "intervention"... which leaves only one other person.... Have a good day.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hummm.. your first sentence says "make threats of class action..." so yes, even you admit they are threats, nothing concrete. I appreciate your concern and willingness to tell me what I was saying, but I know what I was saying. If you will re-read my post before wanting to jump on your soapbox you will see I said I didn't want to exclude my friends or myself from this criteria of keeping the posts to a mature and professional level. Yes I am a supporter of DCA because it has worked for ME, but you wouldn't know that from reading my previous post. So before you go grouping me into "you guys" that are supporters of the program and trying to figure out what my motives are since they are so transparent from my one post you read, chill out. I was simply asking that these threads be moderated with the potential student in mind and restrict those that can't do so and insist on making personal attacks, mainly you FB and mnixon, but mnixon has refrained since an "intervention"... which leaves only one other person.... Have a good day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fozzie, enough. Maybe it would be a good idea to re-read each others post, okay? And you have an even better day- lookin forward to the shuttle goin up, how bout you guys?
Take care man. Who is this other person you speak of? The Bastard does cease and desist from making personal attacks, even when I get attacked first. I did not make a threat, simply allowing things to go thru the system first, that's all.
Cooler heads,reasonableness and fairness must prevail. Would you agree that -that is how justice ought to work?
spin2.gif

well, for the most part, we honestly don't want to restrict speech anywhere on the site - mainly because it would no longer be "balanced" or "fair" whether positive or negative. the only thing we can do is watch the mud-slinging and stomp it when it goes too far. however, we might (not guaranteed) be able to watch the content a bit closer so as to stop potential mud-slinging.. we did that on the panam forum for a while i think and that worked fairly nicely.

Your response is appreciated. BTW, Mike Lewis posted a great "recommendation" in the general topics as to what we should think about before posting. Since I don't know how to post a link, maybe it would be a good thing to link it in the DCA threads. Thanks for your consideration.

Back