Encore Aviation/Encore Flight Academy

jdaalltheway

I wanted to make sure to write a review on Encore Aviation/Encore Flight academy to warn other prospective students about this scam of a flight school so they wouldn't have to go through the same headaches and massive troubles I went through. I put 2,000 dollars down for flight training to receive a multi engine instructor certificate (I'm already a CFI and CFII) and this was one of the few schools in the area that had a piper seminole I could find to do training. The person who owns the school was eager enough to take my money and made all kinds of promises about how they would work around my schedule and be able to get me done in a few weeks. Due to lack of instructors and an incredibly shoddy aircraft (so shoddy most DPE's refuse to administer checkrides) there were several delays. After not meeting my timeframe I still had over $800 dollars on my account and asked for it to be refunded. One of the women at the front desk said that the agreement I signed said the money was non-refundable (even though I signed no such document and even asked this upfront before putting a deposit down.) I finally got a hold of Mr. Abassi and spoke in person with him and he assured me the money would be returned. After months and months of waiting and dodging my phone calls and emails the money was never returned and in the end I had to go through my credit card company to get the funds returned. I was just surprised at the flat out lies and deceit by a flight school and found it completely unproffesional.

Having worked at a number of flight schools I never even dreamed about someone trying to just keep $800 dollars of someone else's hard earned money that wasn't spent and was just sitting in an account. These people who manage this company worry about nothing but getting money out of you and if you're considering flight training you should have someone who looks out for your training and your best interests not just someone who wants to rake you over the coals for cash. As a student though make sure to do your due diligence. If you're seriously considering flight training check out a number of other flight schools and ask them on their return policies though. I found corsair aviation at vanuys a much much better school with much better aircraft to train on. There are many alternatives to going through places that will rip you off like this though.

Back