An Interesting New Metric for Regionals...

stormchaser

First off, let me start by saying this is not a "mine is bigger" thread. Frankly, mine has been smaller for most of my regional career. Second, this is not a "mine is shinier" thread. Frankly, mine has been dirtier for all of my regional career. Third, this is not a "mine is faster" thread, as mine has been slower for all of my regional career, as well.

So with that said, I'd like to shed perhaps a unique insight into the regional sector...

I just hit my first $100,000 mark. Nope, not in a single year. As in TOTAL to date.

It took 2 years, 9 1/2 months. 100,000 Washingtons. Of course, George kindly greeted Sam Adams at times, kindled a fire at home at times, and even got his hands dirty fixing a starter and radiator at times. But he showed up.

So...how long for you personally/your airline? Signed, Smaller/Dirtier/Slower

Last edited:
Total to date at AMF? Upgrades to the metro/1900 are taking about a year or less these days. With that being said it probably on take about the 2.5 years. I did it a little faster due to the fact that I went TDY a week after hitting the line a quickly figured out that it was the way to make good money.

Oh goodness. So, in this thread we are only considering regional income? Or can we include additional income streams, you know - for those of us who are not dependent on one source of income?

((All the more reason folks to have additional skills...))

Oh goodness. So, in this thread we are only considering regional income? Or can we include additional income streams, you know - for those of us who are not dependent on one source of income?

((All the more reason folks to have additional skills...))

Do the pilot thing and include your per diem in your total compensation, as that's clearly pay.

First off, let me start by saying this is not a "mine is bigger" thread. Frankly, mine has been smaller for most of my regional career. Second, this is not a "mine is shinier" thread. Frankly, mine has been dirtier for all of my regional career. Third, this is not a "mine is faster" thread, as mine has been slower for all of my regional career, as well.

So with that said, I'd like to shed perhaps a unique insight into the regional sector...

I just hit my first $100,000 mark. Nope, not in a single year. As in TOTAL to date.

It took 2 years, 9 1/2 months. 100,000 Washingtons. Of course, George kindly greeted Sam Adams at times, kindled a fire at home at times, and even got his hands dirty fixing a starter and radiator at times. But he showed up.

You need neither additional skills nor an additional job. You need only to make money the old fashioned way... HAVE IT.

Take an average BillionHeir like one of the Waltons or Kochs, or Mars. It'd take them less than 1.5 HOURS to beat your 33.5 MONTHS.
We'lll say $30B as a principal figure (some a little higher, some a little lower). If you want to really skin the cat and assume that half the principal is illiquid and unavailable for investing, fine, just divide all the numbers below by 2. Or three. Or ten.
With today's crappy returns, we'll say 2% per annum interest after attorneys, accountants, and lackeys, which could be got with far less than $30B.

Interest Only Income:
$ 600,000,000 Per Year
$ 50,000,000 Per Month
$ 1,643,836 Per Day (24 hrs)
$ 208,333 Per Hour (8 hr "work" day)
$ 3472 Per Minute
$ 59 Per Second

In other words, unless those folks are dropping a $100 bill on the ground, it's really not worth their time to take the two or three seconds required to bend down and pick it up. Especially given that the Billionheirs need do no material work to earn that 2% to begin with and it's so much nicer just to take another sip of Chardonnay.

On the other hand, it would definitely be worth any lackey's time to reach down for the Benjamin.
Based on your numbers, you would have only to blink your eyes (quickly) before pouncing on the lucre. A mere .0011 seconds and you should be fetching.
Anyone feeling frisky yet, or will we all continue to pretend that we need only buckle down, work hard, and someday we will achieve the American dream and be billionaires too?

You need neither additional skills nor an additional job. You need only to make money the old fashioned way... HAVE IT.

Take an average BillionHeir like one of the Waltons or Kochs, or Mars. It'd take them less than 1.5 HOURS to beat your 33.5 MONTHS.
We'lll say $30B as a principal figure (some a little higher, some a little lower). If you want to really skin the cat and assume that half the principal is illiquid and unavailable for investing, fine, just divide all the numbers below by 2. Or three. Or ten.
With today's crappy returns, we'll say 2% per annum interest after attorneys, accountants, and lackeys, which could be got with far less than $30B.

Interest Only Income:
$ 600,000,000 Per Year
$ 50,000,000 Per Month
$ 1,643,836 Per Day (24 hrs)
$ 208,333 Per Hour (8 hr "work" day)
$ 3472 Per Minute
$ 59 Per Second

In other words, unless those folks are dropping a $100 bill on the ground, it's really not worth their time to take the two or three seconds required to bend down and pick it up. Especially given that the Billionheirs need do no material work to earn that 2% to begin with and it's so much nicer just to take another sip of Chardonnay.

On the other hand, it would definitely be worth any lackey's time to reach down for the Benjamin.
Based on your numbers, you would have only to blink your eyes (quickly) before pouncing on the lucre. A mere .0011 seconds and you should be fetching.
Anyone feeling frisky yet, or will we all continue to pretend that we need only buckle down, work hard, and someday we will achieve the American dream and be billionaires too?
The Walton's wealth is greater than the bottom 42% of the United States population.

Autothrust Blue said:
Not according to the accountant who does my taxes and makes me smoothies before she goes to work in the morning, and other wonderful skills...

I'm seeing a trend with you...an inability to note my sarcasm...

Keep up.

Why not? California likes to include it in certain sources of income.

Depends on how far over and above it is from the Federal standard for non-taxable per diem (adjusted for the city).

Combined Aerial Survey in a 172(slowest and dirtiest) and Flight Express in a 210(slightly less dirty and slow), 115k for one year. FLX would have been one year and 4 months to hit 100k. AMF, 2 years if you upgrade and/or get training captain quickly. TDY helps a lot too.

Oh, the regionals, such a circus of crap. I'll be there soon I'm sure...:confused:

Back