Ameriflight Training Captains

There's one way to find out. Call 1-800-800-4JET and see if they're looking for anybody. In my experience, they're always looking for Chieftain training captains.

What are your times?

535TT 40ME

Very impressive, I know. I'm turning down interview offers daily :D I've been told that having the MEI (on top of the CFI/CFII) puts you in their good graces; I have completed the oral and just need to do the flight. Assume I have the MEI when telling me how much more time I need to be considered hire-able.

I would assume you need to meet at least 135 mins. With 535 hours you better stick to CFI'ing for a couple years.

I would assume you need to meet at least 135 mins. With 535 hours you better stick to CFI'ing for a couple years.

Not neccessarily. Getting on as a training captain is a who you know and is there a demand for any type of deal.

Not true at all, actually.

The reason I asked is because you need Part 135 VFR PIC mins to become a training captain at Amflight. This isn't an Amflight rule, it's a hard and fast FAA rule. I got hired to do the job with something like 650/100.

Kelvin is also right, it's who you know. I got that job because of a buddy I knew, then I called up another couple of my buddies and said, "Hey come on out here!" and Kelvin and pfactor8 were suddenly in the class after me. Then pfactor8's brother was in the class after him. Then WAFlyboy had an interview the week after that.

See how it works?

i work at ameriflight, and they will be hiring pretty soon. UPS added a bunch of routes nation wide and they are picking up business in other places. I havent heard of a trainign capt off the street here. The lowest hour training capt i know here has about 10,000 TT and at least half of that is turbine. The only way you will likely get on here is to take a chieftan run on the west coast. The eastern bases have alot of turbine runs being added to the pistion pilots are upgrading and they will need to fill those slots. The good thing is its generally a short time to upgrade to turbine, and they take care of there people.

waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
there's gonna be some jobs soon!!!!!!

i work at ameriflight, and they will be hiring pretty soon. UPS added a bunch of routes nation wide and they are picking up business in other places. I havent heard of a trainign capt off the street here. The lowest hour training capt i know here has about 10,000 TT and at least half of that is turbine. The only way you will likely get on here is to take a chieftan run on the west coast. The eastern bases have alot of turbine runs being added to the pistion pilots are upgrading and they will need to fill those slots. The good thing is its generally a short time to upgrade to turbine, and they take care of there people.

:confused: Uhhh. Chieftan training captains are low time. Jtrain got hired with like 600hrs. All of those guys are well below IFR 135 mins when they are hired.

Know if they are looking for anymore 'bro FO's anytime soon? TX or Cincy?

I have yet to see any news or releases yet on the portal about a bunch of routes for AMF either UPS or DHL. Just heard DFW is going all turbine now

They don't "take care of there people"

There are offline training captains and online training captains I believe your thinking of online training captain.

AMF is a good place to keep your nose clean, work hard, get your time and leave.

We talking about the same Ameriflight? Because your post stinks of pooh, and kind of gives away the location from where it came.

I take it the CVG stuff never moved to SDF? Cincinasty sucks, but it's probably not any worse than STL...

Nope it hasn't moved yet. The base is stragetically better off if it stays at it current location IMHO. All of the runs out of there are outstationed and fly into SDF or ILN. CVG is more of a maintenance facility now.

Crap

I spoke with Sylvia Perez and even though they're accepting applications (I do meet the mins), they currently aren't looking for anyone to fill a position as training captain.

Re: Crap

Keep up with them. Sylvia's a real nice girl and knows what she's doing (unlike the last person that held the recruiting position, IMO). Keep updating your resume every 100 hours if you're really interested. Eventually, they'll hire again.

Hey Kelvin you heard about Kaveney, of course?

Back