Ameriflight training and base question

Where would the relocation be at ? and how many month's to get there
What is the abuse you speak of? is the route hard??

I'm not sure where the Metro opportunities are right now. When I was there, CVG seemed to be the base that offered the most Metro openings. Puerto Rico was another one. I think the Seattle and Portland bases are still pretty senior.

The timing is hard to say, but it could be as quick as a couple of months depending on their needs and your prior experience.

Abuse is what you make of it. I personally thought the pay and accommodations (crew apartments) were terrible. The company also seems to treat its pilots with a high degree of suspicion and distrust. Honesty about small mistakes was frequently punished by days off without pay. I learned to keep my mouth shut and lie about the little things because I didn't want to play their stupid games.

Your experiences may vary.

I'm not sure where the Metro opportunities are right now. When I was there, CVG seemed to be the base that offered the most Metro openings. Puerto Rico was another one. I think the Seattle and Portland bases are still pretty senior.

The timing is hard to say, but it could be as quick as a couple of months depending on their needs and your prior experience.

Abuse is what you make of it. I personally thought the pay and accommodations (crew apartments) were terrible. The company also seems to treat its pilots with a high degree of suspicion and distrust. Honesty about small mistakes was frequently punished by days off without pay. I learned to keep my mouth shut and lie about the little things because I didn't want to play their stupid games.

Your experiences may vary.
And CVG makes all this even worse except the crew apartments. They have all hotels.

I think the one item you mentioned was my incident with the day off. I told XJT about it. The interviewer told me to keep up the good work. He was simply amazed I was given a day off.

The schedules are the worst at CVG. Constantly working 6 days a week with some spill over into a 7th day. Airport reserve 6 days a week where Mon-Fri is 8PM-8AM on terrible chairs/bunks.

The AMF experience is largely based on where you are based. Some bases are good others are terrible. Obviously if management in BUR gets wind if anything they will want your head. The chief pilot seems like a good guy but I doubt he will be around long if the new owners want the same terrible safety culture to continue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I saved a new hires job one night, he was about to fill out the self disclosure form. "What did you do? Does atc know? Does AMF know? Dispatch? Have you told anybody besides me? Rip that paper up and don't even put it in an AMF trash can, take it with you. Good night, you're welcome"
One thing I'm actually proud of doing at AMF.
He's seen enough get fired to be thankful now.

Saw it happen to 2 other people in my time there. A culture that punishes the honesty of well-meaning people is despicable.

This is why AMF will never be a respected company. Instead of fixing the problem that caused it (poor training or lack of training, fatigue, external factors, or personal issues) it is easier for training/management to bad mouth the pilot and punish them with a no pay suspension or termination. This is also why a union could never exist. To play by the rules and do it right would put the company out of business.

Back