Ameriflight training and base question

Miked3016

Hi I have a quick question for ameriflight pilots. What is the company housing during training in burbank? Also I understand you could spend up to 8 hours in an outstation. What base operates the B99 flights to Bedford (Boston) and is this a long layover at the outstation?

Thank you

Hello, you stay at the Ramada while you're in BUR for training. The B99 that flies into Bedford is part of the Buffalo base, but its actually based in Plattsburgh, NY (KPBG). I know the guy that flies that run, and I don't think he's leaving anytime soon. If i remember correctly , the routing is KPBG - YOW(Ottawa, which i believe is a layover), then get up in the morning and fly YOW to BED and finally back to PBG.

Is training hotel single or double occupancy? Paid training?
I've seen on Flightaware a Miami-Bedford run using a Metroliner (don't think it's daily)

think i found what you were saying -- but someone having 500 hours of Muti - what aircraft would they get hired into?
BE99 most likely if there is a spot for one. Metro could happen if you have turbine experience.

Don't go to CVG I'd offered. Not worth the hassle for the metro

Is training hotel single or double occupancy? Paid training?
I've seen on Flightaware a Miami-Bedford run using a Metroliner (don't think it's daily)

It is a glow flight (radiation) that operates on the weekend. Typically the junior run out of MIA. Fly up to BED on Friday or Monday then make your way down the coast the next day ending at OPF.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

cool. "glow flight" lol

how about training? is hotel provided by company and is it single or double occupancy?

cool. "glow flight" lol

how about training? is hotel provided by company and is it single or double occupancy?

They pay for the Ramada in Burbank which is double occupancy. They pay for the hotels after that as well and it is single occupancy.

Back