Ameriflight Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest gripe with AMF is their insistence that we operate out of retardedly short runways at airports with no weather reporting when there are longer runways and weather report 5 flipping miles away at the other airport. A 30 year old Navajo within 500lbs of max gross weight can technically make it out of a 3000' foot strip, but in reality, it shouldn't. That's really the most annoying aspect of the otherwise sound safety culture there.

Always wonder what the folks on the highway think as
"yeh mannnnn, this town is co.. HOOOLLLY CRAPPPP!"

Always wonder what the folks on the highway think as
"yeh mannnnn, this town is co.. HOOOLLLY CRAPPPP!"

HA! Yep, gave them a pretty good buzz job departing 30 on Monday. All the while, clenching my anus in anxiety. I'm really starting to hate that airport. Landed Arcata today and dispatch called me a bit ago asking if I could relocate. I said "I probably could, but I'd rather not." Cal Goat wants his long runway today.

I agree. It doesn't make sense in terms of safety. Yes its doable, but man it's close. Doing the repo flights can be fun going out by the coast, but then having to pick the next guy up is... long. You guys staying over by the market still?

You guys staying over by the market still?

...If so, they make great sandwiches! Some of the best I've ever had!

One day while in cruise on 4hr or longer legs, you're going to miss those fun flights into that airport. Trust me!

Curious to know if AMF still "Rocks" 4 years later... Any updates?

To answer your question. This post being from 2011, the term "rocks" refers to being better than having your house foreclosed on, and waiting in the food stamps line. The industry has exploded and changed, and is much different now. If you wanna go fly single pilot freight, AMF is a great place for it. Sounds like things have improved there which is great as well. Depending on what goals are, would depend on whether or not AMF would "rock" for you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back