Ameriflight pay sic program

Miked3016

I am going to be doing a ameriflight SIC program through eagle jet. Do any Ameriflight guys have and experience with this? Is there and advantage in doing the metroliner or B1900? Also what are the B1900 bases and where would I get the most flight time out of in the shortest amount of time. Thanks.

I am going to be doing a ameriflight SIC program through eagle jet. Do any Ameriflight guys have and experience with this? Is there and advantage in doing the metroliner or B1900? Also what are the B1900 bases and where would I get the most flight time out of in the shortest amount of time. Thanks.

Don't do it. All that flight time as ballast and aircraft loader means nothing to most people who will look at your resume in the future.

In fact, some will toss your application on the fact that you did the Pay For Training route for that reason alone.

It's way expensive, but you should look at the 767 SIC program. The money order link on the website goes straight to some guy in Spokane, but don't let that fool you. UPS hires low time guys if they have 767 time. Send your pay-pal to de727ups@hotmail.com. Do it now....

Not a logical move. Costs way too much. The only people that should ever think about doing this should be having their future employer pay for it. That is the only time it really is worth while. Flight time is slow for most FOs. It would take a year for 500 hours.You get no hotels unless your PIC is nice.

In fact, some will toss your application on the fact that you did the Pay For Training route for that reason alone.
Technically it is not pay for training. It is only a time building program. If the FO does not show up the flight leaves without the FO. It is really not any different than buying 1000 hours of Seminole time. The program is really meant for airlines that want to sponsor a future employer so they can build some flight time. That is how the Koreans became so prevalent in the program and why you rarely see locals in the program.

That said, it is still stupid expensive and there are definitely better ways to build time.

Don't do it. All that flight time as ballast and aircraft loader means nothing to most people who will look at your resume in the future.

Any actual proof of this? Because I flew with a few people who did the SIC program, then were hired at AMF, and have moved on to flying jets.

@Inverted I find it comical because the only guy I know that was hired after doing the SIC program failed out during training.

Realistically, most people have no idea about AMF or what the SIC program really entails. If anything they will find out the quality of the pilot and realize it was possibly a bad decision.

I personally know 2 who successfully flew as Captains, and one of them flies Lears with me.

That being said, I would NEVER recommend it.

Any actual proof of this? Because I flew with a few people who did the SIC program, then were hired at AMF, and have moved on to flying jets.
At the rate most UPS runs build time, and being how desperate the entry 135 carriers are for pilots, would it not make more sense to instruct to 135 mins and then go get hired at AMF or MRA or elsewhere without tens of thousands in debt?

At the rate most UPS runs build time, and being how desperate the entry 135 carriers are for pilots, would it not make more sense to instruct to 135 mins and then go get hired at AMF or MRA or elsewhere without tens of thousands in debt?
You would actually build time faster as a busy CFI. Most UPS runs barely average 2 hours a day in a 5 day week. The experience is gold, but the flight time is a bit slow to build.

I hate that program, I do not agree with it nor would I recommend it. It would make more sense to do anything rather than pay to sit right seat. I wouldn't pay to sit right seat in a G650, nor anything else. It makes way more sense to instruct, or fly VFR 135, or by some other means.

OP, if you are looking to build hours in general and am living in the PNW, I would advise you to look into instructing at Hillsboro aviation. I am a current student there and am almost positive they could use a few more MEI's to teach the foreign program. This will give you plenty of multi time as these students go right into the seminole after stage 4. With that being said I am not sure if you have your MEI yet or not...

Are you Korean going back to Korea to fly a whale with 500 hours? If not then please seek elsewhere. Get a JOB and fly, really you don't want to pay money for worthless time. They won't even let you do the pre-flight, you really are just taking up the extra couple hundred pounds of available use.

Are you Korean going back to Korea to fly a whale with 500 hours? If not then please seek elsewhere. Get a JOB and fly, really you don't want to pay money for worthless time. They won't even let you do the pre-flight, you really are just taking up the extra couple hundred pounds of available use.
And they WILL bump you to get an extra 100lbs on.

If you're American don't do it. You'll gain some experience but due to the stigma it could cost you a chance at a real job later. Just instruct until 1200 and then send them a resume for free. Getting the MEII will cost you less than buying mostly useless SIC time.

If you're American don't do it. You'll gain some experience but due to the stigma it could cost you a chance at a real job later. Just instruct until 1200 and then send them a resume for free. Getting the MEII will cost you less than buying mostly useless SIC time.

The American at our base that we had got hired at AMF washed out of training and then was hired at Skywest.

Instructing is the cheaper way to go though.

There is something SO FREAKING WRONG about being an FO at AMF for a year or two, then wash out of training at the same company...

Back