Ameriflight PA-31 Accident - Arizona

So he was heading to Payson but diverted to PHX? Was is just a WX diversion or something else?

To absent friends.

Damn.. Not a fun area to be potentially icing up in.
I can't think of a lot of places out West where I'd want to ice up, actually.

It was not particularly nasty a few hundred miles north of there last night, but it was certainly not a place I would go for fun either.

Well that sucks. AMF guys, I went through the same thing earlier this year and I feel for you. Worst feeling I've ever had was sitting in the pilot room waiting for news.

Blue skies, freight dawg.

Its hurts because this was me about 5 years ago in a 99 only I got lucky and lived.
RIP fellow coworker and god bless.

OOTSK!

This is very sad news, RIP.

I landed at Deer Valley about 22:30 last night, just as the rain moved in. Checked the PIREPs shortly after and saw a few clear ice and moderate turbulence reports nearby.

Condolences to family, friends, and coworkers.

Very sad day. Although I no longer work for AMF it still very much hits home. Once an OOTSK always an OOTSK. Every freight dawg has been there... Blue skies brother.

I hope it had nothing to do with the ridiculous policy of keeping the pistons below 10k' or lowest along the route possible.

He was at 13,000 when they lost contact. I believe I read in a news report they found the wreckage at about the 6,000ft mark.

I hope it had nothing to do with the ridiculous policy of keeping the pistons below 10k' or lowest along the route possible.

Did that just come out? I was wondering what the company's immediate reaction might be in terms of policy changes.

Damn, the pictures and video of the accident are horrible to see. :(
Actually, as sad as it is to see, if I do go in, that's how I want it. It doesn't look like any suffering took place. Sad to see, and condolences to the family and friends.

Still much better than the guy at Airnet (sorry, I'm lacking his name now...maybe Mike can help) that burned alive after a wake turbulence encounter. The firefighters basically let him burn because they didn't know what HAZMAT was on board at the time (the little bit I do remember about the accident from Indoc).

Back