Ameriflight memories, trauma

Didn't a pilot die on 132?

Edit, I didn't see the following pages. I remember the Owens Valley, I did the 99 run up to BIS a few times.

Before starting at AMF I read a huge article regarding Mike's death on 132. Reading this article, I am reminded of the pilot who fell asleep on the EKA run and they both displayed the same symptoms. Very scary, everyone said they had never seen Ken so worked up and scared when they were all watching him on radar.

S**t. That's about all I can come up with after reading this. I start ground school at AMF in Oct.

Didn't a pilot die on 132?

Edit, I didn't see the following pages. I remember the Owens Valley, I did the 99 run up to BIS a few times.

Mike Ahn died on 132 and another pilot died flying 1902 (UPS run) up the valley. Impacted the mountains coming back from TPH to BIH.

I found this article randomly thumbing through Flying magazine in the airport on my way to the AMF interview. Puts things into perective for sure

The Lance is the safest airplane around. Lose the engine and it flys like a safe.
I recall having big dental bills after flying through that turbulent country... had so many teeth knocked out of my head.
One of the coldest and hottest flying days of my life was taking a duchess into death valley to pick up one of our pilots who lost an engine and glided into furnace creek. Spent way too much time at 13500 wandering south through the restricted corridor to avoid a blizzard over the Mammoth. Upon landing, my feet were so cold I couldn't feel them and fell off the wing. 10 minutes later I was cussing like a sailor at the infernal heat.

The Lance is the safest airplane around. Lose the engine and it flys like a safe.
I recall having big dental bills after flying through that turbulent country... had so many teeth knocked out of my head.
One of the coldest and hottest flying days of my life was taking a duchess into death valley to pick up one of our pilots who lost an engine and glided into furnace creek. Spent way too much time at 13500 wandering south through the restricted corridor to avoid a blizzard over the Mammoth. Upon landing, my feet were so cold I couldn't feel them and fell off the wing. 10 minutes later I was cussing like a sailor at the infernal heat.
The coldest and hottest I've ever been on a motorcycle involved death valley and the sierra's.

Meh, This, THIS! THIS is EXACTLY what's wrong with AMF RIGHT • NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! •! It's not management, it's not UPS, Fed Ex or DHL. Management is stinging a little bit with the horse • they've been feeding the BQN and SJU pilots lately, but in general, it's:

It's these macho-ass • assess that think they've seen turbulence/icing/thunderstorms or a crosswind because of a little hill piles that are the West Coast or NW. That flight 132 whiny ass has no freaking clue! You know what I'm sick off MOST in this senslesss post. BUR, thinking they have a freaking clue what flying in the rest of their system is like, AND the I work with that think they're SO cool putting 5,000,345 inches of ice on something with boots. You know what, you're ACTUALLY A • HEAD and EXACTLY the reason part 121 majors don't give us a look! HAVE FUN BEING BADASS •!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Number of times I've damaged an airplane in my flying career for ANY reason. ZERO! the rest down here, 3-4, one with the Director of training on board! One guy had • 72 exit points from one storm. THAT deserves not touching an airplane ever AGAIN!

Every PA-31 departure from EKA was a crash waiting to happen. God, what a stupid setup. We fly here because there's no official weather reporting and because the other guys fly here.

Every PA-31 departure from EKA was a crash waiting to happen. God, what a stupid setup. We fly here because there's no official weather reporting and because the other guys fly here.

Perfectly rational thinking when you only care about money, and not pilots. That run won't be around much longer I bet.

Back