Ameriflight Benefits

Given that the MD-XX is as medieval as the crap we fly, I imagine the transition would be pretty painless for most AMF guys. :)

Word is that the sim instructors are trying to really push HR to hire more freight guys. SOMEONE finally "gets it". :)

Word is that the sim instructors are trying to really push HR to hire more freight guys. SOMEONE finally "gets it". :)

I would guess that is due to instrument skills, Nobody is more instrument proficient than a daily-flying freight pilot. I miss being that "on".

We got pregnant right after I got on with AMF. We had a BCBS PPO in TX and im not 100% sure but I think different plans are available in different states. Whatever plan we were on was awesome, we paid a total of $200 in deductibles on a 26k baby bill. No co-pay at all of her visits. The bad part was the premiums were high. Before baby for wifie and I we paid about $270 a month. After baby for family of 3 we paid $400 a month. Thats a big chunk of a small paycheck! With my current employer I pay about $270 a month for all 3 of us but the coverage isn't nearly as good and the co-pay is high as is the deductible and co-insurance.

I felt "almost" as cool as you the other day when I had a medical emergency divert to ABQ. No medical people on board, so I had to go back and assess the patient (I was a "combat lifesaver" in the military, so I was the most qualified on board). She had delirium and tremors, and limb numbness. I thought either heart attack or severe withdrawals. Either way, we landed and she went to the ER.
Any way, how's ambulance flying these days?

I felt "almost" as cool as you the other day when I had a medical emergency divert to ABQ. No medical people on board, so I had to go back and assess the patient (I was a "combat lifesaver" in the military, so I was the most qualified on board). She had delirium and tremors, and limb numbness. I thought either heart attack or severe withdrawals. Either way, we landed and she went to the ER.
Any way, how's ambulance flying these days?
I do feel like Moses going into a busy airport with Medevac. Although you and I know I'm not cool.

I have done some research, through the forums and on APC, as well as some googling, and I have a rough idea of the cost and some of the benefits they offer. I am strongly considering applying, however both my wife and I would like to be on the insurance, and I was wondering if anyone who currently works there or has worked there recently would mind PMing me the specifics of the benefits (specifically the health/dental/vision) you are provided? Such as deductible, PPO or HMO,
I have done some research, through the forums and on APC, as well as some googling, and I have a rough idea of the cost and some of the benefits they offer. I am strongly considering applying, however both my wife and I would like to be on the insurance, and I was wondering if anyone who currently works there or has worked there recently would mind PMing me the specifics of the benefits (specifically the health/dental/vision) you are provided? Such as deductible, PPO or HMO, coinsurance, if prescriptions are covered, etc. Thanks in advance for any help or information anyone can provide I greatly appreciate it!
coinsurance, if prescriptions are covered, etc. Thanks in advance for any help or information anyone can provide I greatly appreciate it!

I became seriously ill about a year and a half ago and I found the insurance to be pretty great. Two major surgeries, almost two weeks in the hospital, several PET and CT scans, tons of other tests, outpatient treatment, and many prescriptions. All in all it ran me just over $2K while the insurance paid well over 150 times that. Copays were $20 for doctor visit, $15 for most prescriptions, $100 for scans, $250 per surgery/hospital event. I don't know about the family coverage as I was single at the time.
I was pleasantly surprised by the support I received from the management and HR at AMF. I ran in to a few snags with insurance details and HMO stuff that could have caused major headaches. HR rectified things instantly and competently. Management checked in periodically to see if we needed anything. These little things counted in a huge way and I am grateful for it.

I became seriously ill about a year and a half ago and I found the insurance to be pretty great. Two major surgeries, almost two weeks in the hospital, several PET and CT scans, tons of other tests, outpatient treatment, and many prescriptions. All in all it ran me just over $2K while the insurance paid well over 150 times that. Copays were $20 for doctor visit, $15 for most prescriptions, $100 for scans, $250 per surgery/hospital event. I don't know about the family coverage as I was single at the time.
I was pleasantly surprised by the support I received from the management and HR at AMF. I ran in to a few snags with insurance details and HMO stuff that could have caused major headaches. HR rectified things instantly and competently. Management checked in periodically to see if we needed anything. These little things counted in a huge way and I am grateful for it.
This sucked when it happened. Good to hear they treated you well.

Going to try and get back into flying?

This sucked when it happened. Good to hear they treated you well.

Going to try and get back into flying?

It will probably another year, at least, before I get my medical back. So, I am working on a viable plan B in the meantime. I have been taking some Certified Financial Planner courses which are interesting. But, I'd rather fly.... Is this M from HWD?

Back