Ameriflight Benefits

durind

I have done some research, through the forums and on APC, as well as some googling, and I have a rough idea of the cost and some of the benefits they offer. I am strongly considering applying, however both my wife and I would like to be on the insurance, and I was wondering if anyone who currently works there or has worked there recently would mind PMing me the specifics of the benefits (specifically the health/dental/vision) you are provided? Such as deductible, PPO or HMO, coinsurance, if prescriptions are covered, etc. Thanks in advance for any help or information anyone can provide I greatly appreciate it!

I don't recall any of the particulars, but as a single male in my early 20's I could get significantly better coverage all on my own for a lot less money.
YMMV etc etc.

In 2010 I was paying 157 a paycheck for family insurance, (wife kids etc). The coverage was good then. We had a baby with complications and out of pocked expenses wasn't too bad. Probably can't say the same now with Obamacare (I'm sorry the affordable healthcare act, which has made insurance less affordable for me. Whatever)

The medical and dental coverage was pretty good. The above approximations sound about right (~$80 per paycheck for a single male in his mid 20s). I visited the doctor a few times and got one imaging procedure done and I paid a $10 copay for doctor visits and a $100 copay for a $3,700 imaging procedure.

The vision insurance, through VSP, is not very good simply because of the lack of places to use the insurance. I had to look far and wide for a place that took the insurance and all the places I found were small, "hole in the wall" places that had a horrible selection of glasses to choose from. From my experience in upstate NY / New England, none of the major glasses stores (Lens Crafters, Eyeglass World, Pearl Vision, etc.) took AMF's vision coverage. If you find a place to use it, it is worth the money but if no places are around, save your money and go to a "big name" vision store.

The most expensive and worst insurance coverage Ive ever had. Also when I worked there you had to be employed for 90 days before coverage began.

I factor the Health Insurance saves me $30,000 a year with AMF. Pretty darn good with two kids with special needs. Having said that Its gone up every year little by little but no pay raise for 8 years?

Needless to say everyone is shopping for a new jobs in my base, even upgrades are being passed up so they don't have to commit a year.

Yeah, it is good.
Eligible after three months in the door, average hired pilot is out the door before a year is up.
So yeah, it's pretty good insurance for seven months.

I factor the Health Insurance saves me $30,000 a year with AMF. Pretty darn good with two kids with special needs. Having said that Its gone up every year little by little but no pay raise for 8 years?

Needless to say everyone is shopping for a new jobs in my base, even upgrades are being passed up so they don't have to commit a year.

I've always been looking. :)

Thank you all so much for the responses, I really appreciate your time reading and responding to my post!

Thank you all so much for the responses, I really appreciate your time reading and responding to my post!
I left AMF almost 2 years ago and went to SkyWest. The medical insurance was WAY better at AMF. However, SkyWest pays WAY better too. I'm going to make about $15K more my second year at SkyWest than I did flying the BE1900 at 3rd year rates (which is almost topped out pay at AMF).
All in all, the bennies were better at AMF, but not $15K better. And of course, the first year sucks at the regionals, but I made (almost to the dollar) the same amount I did my first year at AMF.
Hope it helps.

I left AMF almost 2 years ago and went to SkyWest. The medical insurance was WAY better at AMF. However, SkyWest pays WAY better too. I'm going to make about $15K more my second year at SkyWest than I did flying the BE1900 at 3rd year rates (which is almost topped out pay at AMF).
All in all, the bennies were better at AMF, but not $15K better. And of course, the first year sucks at the regionals, but I made (almost to the dollar) the same amount I did my first year at AMF.
Hope it helps.
Giff?

Back