American Eagle hiring at 400/50 still?

natedogg

Does anyone know if eagle is really hiring, or considering, at 400/50? I've heard rumors that those numbers are way off due to the recent downturn and all, but they're still advertising it on their website. Knowing whether or not this is true could make a big difference in a some upcoming decisions.

I know two people who finished training that are still waiting to get called, they were told it'll probably be about a year. Oil can't come down fast enough.

We need some good news. Has anyone slipped in a Super Market lately? Big cash settlement, never have to call company to refile their clearance again?

Does anyone know if eagle is really hiring, or considering, at 400/50? I've heard rumors that those numbers are way off due to the recent downturn and all, but they're still advertising it on their website. Knowing whether or not this is true could make a big difference in a some upcoming decisions.

Lets hope not! Passengers deserve better!

I know two people who finished training that are still waiting to get called, they were told it'll probably be about a year. Oil can't come down fast enough.

Two buddies who finished what training their CMEL wet and waiting for a class? I had buddies in the very last ground school and both of them are done with IOE. I dont see AE waiting a year to do IOE for someone.

If they have a CMEL wet now its good for them. They can go get some experience and not get made fun of when they make that jump. I dont see any of these companies who hired people with low times into pools keeping those people. Perhaps I am wrong and way off but I see many of them asking people to reinterview. Especially when they can have better and more qualified pilots when hiring does pick up as opposed to a 200 wonder.

Two buddies who finished what training their CMEL wet and waiting for a class? I had buddies in the very last ground school and both of them are done with IOE. I dont see AE waiting a year to do IOE for someone.

Nope, two pilots who were MEIs at my school, they did their time. They finished the ground schools and the sim, everything but IOE. AE has them under contract, and if they want to get out they will have to compensate AE for their training. I'm pretty sure you could afford a nice car, or pay off you student loans with however many tens of thousands of dollars it was. This is why they're waiting for a call back, until then they're stuck.

Nope, two pilots who were MEIs at my school, they did their time. They finished the ground schools and the sim, everything but IOE. AE has them under contract, and if they want to get out they will have to compensate AE for their training. I'm pretty sure you could afford a nice car, or pay off you student loans with however many tens of thousands of dollars it was. This is why they're waiting for a call back, until then they're stuck.

All class that made it to sim's are on IOE. PM their names if you could, so I can look then up on the flow plan.

So, if they're just waiting on IOE, they're technically employees. They shouldn't be "stuck." If the company can't use them, they should be able to find employment elsewhere. If the company says "You can't fly elsewhere," then guess what? You're an employee and they should be getting paid guarantee every month. AE shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

So, if they're just waiting on IOE, they're technically employees. They shouldn't be "stuck." If the company can't use them, they should be able to find employment elsewhere.

They're allowed to use the commercial, but not for 121, they're back flight instructing.

I think there is more to the story then they are telling you. Like I said if you could PM me their last name I would like to look in to it.

They're allowed to use the commercial, but not for 121, they're back flight instructing.

Then they should be getting guarantee. Either that or Eagle's got to fix that in their contract. They shouldn't be able to stick someone in limbo like that being an employee.....but not really.

Steve they can't, they get payed 64 hour's a month + 16 hours per diem per a day of the month from day one till the end of IOE. That is why I think there is more to the story.

Steve they can't, they get payed 64 hour's a month + 16 hours per diem per a day of the month from day one till the end of IOE. That is why I think there is more to the story.

It is like you are invisible. Nobody is listening to you. I would like to know the story as well because I agree, there has to be more to the story than what is being said.

It is like you are invisible. Nobody is listening to you. I would like to know the story as well because I agree, there has to be more to the story than what is being said.
:yeahthat: I've not heard of anyone who completed training, but not IOE. From everything I've heard, everyone who was in training, finished IOE and is done.

It these two guys are "on hold" so-to-speak, there's something going on that's not being said.

As Kell & Gonzo said, if they are being told that they cannot fly Part 121 elsewhere, then they should be getting paid the guarantee while they wait for an IOE slot.

If they're not being paid, they are free to do as they please.

Good. I was hoping that was the case. At Pinnacle, you're technically "contract labor" until you pass your checkride. Then you get guarantee no matter what....unless you're let go, and then you're free to do whatever you want, including CFIing or even flying for another 121 carrier. I'm suspecting something happened and these guys are trying to get everyone to THINK they still have jobs.

I'm suspecting something happened and these guys are trying to get everyone to THINK they still have jobs.
Three of the captains from the training department (whom I have flown with since the low-timers started being hired) have said that quite a few of the trainees either opted to stop while they were behind (i.e. leave before they failed a third event....and/or Part 121 checkride), or they outright failed out.

Not saying that is the case here........

Back