American Airlines Announces Large Regional Jet Purchase

I'm not totally sure. LOL As it were, those stats are two years old, at best. If I understand you right, I think you're telling me that you think there will be a two year period where regional recruiting will be in the toilet, which will cause growing pains, but after that things will rebound.

Personally, I'm not sure it will ever be what it was in the last decade. With the much more visible lack of earnings potential and a much more costly climb to the initial ATP, I think we'll see an overall drop in flight school enrollments.

I was on comm at my last company and seeing how both union interests and corporate interests use the media, most notably local media, to sway one another is very common.

... so begins the dance. Word from our MEC is that we're receptive and engaging with the company on these issues. Considering the last turn around was to smash us upside the face with a horrible offer then give the airplanes to somebody else, I'm not really expecting much.

Still, something would be nice. I could use a little good news.

This has been said about XJT as well, more or less by management.
have fun with this rumor...

...apparently after a check airmen meeting(usually find out details in advance from the CA), the idea of buying AE was more than a possibility...Republic that is

...use accordingly

Better fire up the ole whipsaw. And good job PSA. 30 new shiny jets to replace your 30 50 seaters.

Totally disagree with the "Good Job PSA part." Bad move on the pilot for folding... Bigger Jets= bigger pay, bigger benefits. Not less. Not a freeze. Not job interview.

SCARE TACTIC: Ya'll better take a pay freeze and pay grade caps on FO and CAPT levels until 2023, if not we'll loose this contract. Don't you wanna go to a Major? Well here is a interview at U.S Airways if you fly this bigger bird.

Smh... Self worth= 0.. Sad.

Last edited:
You kids make me giggle.

Why buy an airline and all the labor issues that come with it when you can just underbid them until they collapse, then buy/re-hire them for a fraction of the cost?

This is gonna get worse before it gets better.

Last edited:
He was being sarcastic. Nobody thinks PSA selling out was a good thing.

:sarcasm: would help.... Until then I can't read a sarcasm without a visual...

Ex: Thanks for toeing the line and standing strong PSA pilots... :sarcasm:

Good move by the company, BAD ratification by the pilots.

I'm just tried of seeing pilots cave in!

THIS IS HOW I SEE IT:

Mgmt: We'll freeze your pay increase for XX years to issue you a newer IPAD, better printer, stapler, and pens.
Worker: Cool, New IPAD. I don't care, I'm only at this job for 4 years max anyways. I don't mind, I'll suffer for 4 years w/crappy-pay. I'll get to work with a bigger, faster, newer IPAD, printer, pen, and stapler.

Pilot: I'll be off to the Holy Grail Major Airlines in 7 years anyways. I'll take pay freeze, I'll be making $100K/yr after 5 years at Holy Grail Major Airlines as an First Officer. :def: I'm smart!

Mgmt: Oh we know your smart.:sarcasm:... That's why we won't pay you more.

Last edited:
Doesn't make sense to call folks 'kids' on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said, it's rhetorical. A figure of speech. I say it all the time.
It usually only bothers the people who cope with their insecurity by finding ways to think of themselves as superior to others.
You should work on that.

Like I said, it's rhetorical. A figure of speech. I say it all the time.
It usually only bothers the people who cope with their insecurity by finding ways to think of themselves as superior to others.
You should work on that.

I'm pretty secure with myself as I don't need to call others 'kids'...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back