American Airlines Announces Large Regional Jet Purchase

It would be nice, but not likely. While compass has very low costs, recent deals have shown that mainline is beyond fed up with HK.

I'm glad TSH leaves compass mostly alone, but I doubt we will see anything while we remain owned by them.

These frames are the carrot they want to use to beat L-AE pilots with, make no mistake.
Someone high up at CP, about as high as you can get, told me AA did offer us flying earlier this year but it was for 900s because the 170s were going to RP. We don't want growth, we can barely handle flows...

Maybe American should fly the jets they're buying. Just a thought there.
I'd fly an E175 for American Airlines.

When will people let go of this idea? The airline overlords will never put smaller airplanes back at mainline until it's cheaper to run them there than FFD carriers.

The 'middlesizing' and outsourcing of the industry continues...

When will people let go of this idea? The airline overlords will never put smaller airplanes back at mainline until it's cheaper to run them there than FFD carriers.

The 'middlesizing' and outsourcing of the industry continues...

If they can staff them properly, I see this being a BIG problem for at least 2 more years.

What does this mean for Eagle? The AMR owned Eagle I mean?

office-space-two-bobs.jpg

I think it's AAL owned Eagle, anyhow they are hoping to get all 60 of those EMBs... It's all up to the ALPA now.
I imagine the conversation going like this: hey we either take concessions and keep flying or lose flying...

If they can staff them properly, I see this being a BIG problem for at least 2 more years.

I don't follow. If who can't staff what properly? Mainline or regionals? If you mean the regionals, they'll only have to bump pay so much before there's a swell in recruiting.

The mainline manager types will saw off a limb before they give up the labor advantage of keeping a major section of the domestic flying separate from mainline seniority lists.

2017....? That's like forever in the airline industry.....
That is a long time in this industry. I believe all of the current Eagle pilots will have flowed through by the time their fleet is phased out. This is especially true with the upcoming pilot shortage.

As long as they're 2 for 1 replacements for 50 seaters the sting of this for mainline pilots is a little less. These planes should be at mainline no doubt. Lame.

For sure #baller.

Cause somehow, I still doubt I will see an American Airlines pilot walking down the jetway to the baby MD-88 or 737. Emotional issues still cloud acceptance of flying such a tiny machine. Duh.

They're already being waved at Eagle. There's been a few press pieces where management basically said "If we can get them to give up even more (for airplanes we're replacing anyways), we might let them consider keeping their jobs."

Yay.
NO B SCALE.

I'm thinking, as it stands, this is bad news for SKYW because American is ordering 175s to let staffing airlines borrow. Skyw ordered its own with options for more if they could find a major partner. But things change.

They're already being waved at Eagle. There's been a few press pieces where management basically said "If we can get them to give up even more (for airplanes we're replacing anyways), we might let them consider keeping their jobs."

Yay.
NO B SCALE.
And AAL is using the media to sell it to eagle too.

I don't follow. If who can't staff what properly? Mainline or regionals? If you mean the regionals, they'll only have to bump pay so much before there's a swell in recruiting.

At the regional level... flight schools in the US are slowly coming back as the banks lend more money again. Problem is that flight training levels are still at pre-07 levels and it takes about 2-4 years to go from 0 hour/first dual flight too 1200TT to 1500TT ready to step into a jet. So even if this "Kit Darby omgz pilot shortage lol" propaganda works and the flight schools are full again, the resulting effect on the industry will be delayed.

It was supposed to be "can't" not "can" damn autocomplete, sorry.

And AAL is using the media to sell it to eagle too.

Yeah, the Dallas Morning News is the local paper, and a common conduit for corporate propaganda.

At the regional level... flight schools in the US are slowly coming back as the banks lend more money again. Problem is that flight training levels are still at pre-07 levels and it takes about 2-4 years to go from 0 hour/first dual flight too 1200TT to 1500TT ready to step into a jet. So even if this "Kit Darby omgz pilot shortage lol" propaganda works and the flight schools are full again, the resulting effect on the industry will be delayed.
It was supposed to be "can't" not "can" damn autocomplete, sorry.

Where are you getting data for the lending/school enrollment on this? I'd be curious to see it. There's going to be a period of a few years now either way where things get a little hectic while the industry bridges the gap. They drug their collective feet as much as they could and got some huge Christmas presents from the FAA in the slow implementation. Time's up- pay up.

I'm sure some institutions will evolve, but I see the overall student numbers- especially those reaching ATP level- decreasing.

I heard Eagle's fleet will start being phased in 2017. Does anybody confirm that?

Several of the -145s on property are scheduled to go back starting in the next few years. I'd elaborate but it's been a while since I've seen that data. It's been a known thing for quite a while. Fleet renewal at Eagle will either happen or Eagle will cease to exist as a feed source.

Yeah, the Dallas Morning News is the local paper, and a common conduit for corporate propaganda.

Where are you getting data for the lending/school enrollment on this? I'd be curious to see it. There's going to be a period of a few years now either way where things get a little hectic while the industry bridges the gap. They drug their collective feet as much as they could and got some huge Christmas presents from the FAA in the slow implementation. Time's up- pay up.

I'm sure some institutions will evolve, but I see the overall student numbers- especially those reaching ATP level- decreasing.

So do we agree or disagree? haha

Here's some numbers up to 2011.

http://www.faa.gov/data_research/aviation_data_statistics/civil_airmen_statistics/2011/

I was on comm at my last company and seeing how both union interests and corporate interests use the media, most notably local media, to sway one another is very common.

Back