Amazon airline?

RICHARD5

Given the inability of UPS and Fed Ex to move the volume of packages and how significant that was to Amazon and that Amazon is projected to exceed Wal-Mart by 2015, don't be surprised Amazon starts their own airline within five years. Already Amazon either has broken ground on sites or is in planning for several more distribution centers. They even own their own employment agency.

I have no doubt Amazon is very capable of doing something like this. However, the time it would take for them to get certified, the other cargo carriers would likely have it together by then.

Given the inability of UPS and Fed Ex to move the volume of packages and how significant that was to Amazon and that Amazon is projected to exceed Wal-Mart by 2015, don't be surprised Amazon starts their own airline within five years. Already Amazon either has broken ground on sites or is in planning for several more distribution centers. They even own their own employment agency.
FedEx and UPS are certainly the biggest in the US, but I carry plenty of Amazon boxes in whips that look like this:

63869.jpg

Maybe ordering merchandise on December 23 isn't a good idea. I don't think capacity is the only issue at play here.

An American flying a British plane for a German company between American cities?
Nah, that's not one of ours. That's probably DHL Air UK. Ours are all N-registered.

DHL is indeed a German company, but the work in the US is being done by Americans.

Last edited:
Can you imagine being paid $85k-$115k to sit around on your lay-z-boy in your underwear and fly one?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-faa-approves-drone-sites/?intcmp=latestnews

I'm gonna pack a joystick and laptop on all future flights. This will be the best layover job ever. Sure beats the heck out of accounting or medical coding. All you big-iron, 14-hr-flight guys with in-plane wireless could do the same and play freightdawg from your crew rest quarters. @Boris Badenov bored waiting for car wrecks? Not anymore!

Back