ALPA President Campaign

@Seggy Serious question. From the outside looking in, it seems as though the former UAL MEC steamrolled the former CAL MEC during the MEC integration. Again, from the outside...this may not be the case, but it certainly doesn't come across as playing nicely in the sandbox with your professional counterparts.

Thoughts?

I have been at two MEC Meetings in recent months and you can't tell the difference between the L-UAL/L-CAL sides. Furthermore, no votes have been decided on legacy lines. The bottom line is, in person, you can't tell the difference on who is from which side. The committees are also well integrated and they are bringing 'outsiders' to both sides (like myself) on and welcoming the new blood with open arms.

Finally, the resolution from the MEC for Heppner support came from a L-CAL Rep. Yes, there are some 'integration pains' but from what I have seen, the MEC is working really well together. Hope that answers your concerns.

I have been at two MEC Meetings in recent months and you can't tell the difference between the L-UAL/L-CAL sides. Furthermore, no votes have been decided on legacy lines. The bottom line is, in person, you can't tell the difference on who is from which side. The committees are also well integrated and they are bringing 'outsiders' to both sides (like myself) on and welcoming the new blood with open arms.

Finally, the resolution from the MEC for Heppner support came from a L-CAL Rep. Yes, there are some 'integration pains' but from what I have seen, the MEC is working really well together. Hope that answers your concerns.

Roger that, thanks!

@Seggy Serious question. From the outside looking in, it seems as though the former UAL MEC steamrolled the former CAL MEC during the MEC integration. Again, from the outside...this may not be the case, but it certainly doesn't come across as playing nicely in the sandbox with your professional counterparts.

Thoughts?

One group was VERY prepared and had well thought out positions. One group was not very prepared and has a position based on the company financials. Don't confuse getting steamrolled with "not doing your homework".

One group was VERY prepared and had well thought out positions. One group was not very prepared and has a position based on the company financials. Don't confuse getting steamrolled with "not doing your homework".
The company financials angle is what confuses me, since there is a discrepancy as to "who bought out who" in this merger.

I'm not sure I would agree with your framing, nor do I think your framing matters. How the sli occurred doesn't so much matter as much as it's done.

Back