ALPA Lanyards at CJC

sherpa

Anyone been told to take off their ALPA lanyards because they don't conform to uniform policy while sitting next to someone who is wearing a non ALPA lanyard that also is not uniform code but is not told to remove it?

They have never ever been strict on the uniform policy until now that people are wearing ALPA lanyards and it is ALPA specific.

Anyone been told to take off their ALPA lanyards because they don't conform to uniform policy while sitting next to someone who is wearing a non ALPA lanyard that also is not uniform code but is not told to remove it?

They have never ever been strict on the uniform policy until now that people are wearing ALPA lanyards and it is ALPA specific.

Has this happened to you?

Sounds like a dodge to stall the Union effort. Now that the market is slow, there's going to be a lot more interest in Union rights.

Watch yourselves. Pick your battles.

ALPA folks- got any insight into this?

Skywest management tried this when I was working on that campaign. ALPA responded with a lawsuit in the California court system and won easily. If Colgan wants to go that route, then let them try. I'm sure ALPA can always file in the New York court system which should be pretty favorable for labor.

That's foul! On a side note, my lanyard is way out of the uniform policy and I have worn that puppy since the spring. Nobody has ever said anything about it. But like someone has said pick your battles very wisely at Colgan:bandit:.

I heard CHUCK and JERRY (uncle) have sent out a memo to pilots titled, "YOU BETTER CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF."

Apparently they don't like ALPA.

rofl. . .now that sounds cute.

So the little "Family" airline isn't really much of a family now huh?

Surprise. Good luck boys

If your business owners have to tell you it's a family business, and you're now part of the family...that should send up red flags immediately.

I've been wearing my ALPA lanyard for over a year now.
Trying to endlessly promote our need for representation. Just because there wasn't an official 'drive' taking place, doesn't mean the ground work can't be tackled.

I can't believe some people still don't see how important this really is. Mgmt is not our FRIEND or FAMILY. This is a business and they're out to get us. We need protection!

Edit: Just for clarification: I do like working here. My aim for having represetation is simply to protect my career not screw the company. We all have way too much invested in this occupation to be 'at-will' employees. In that end, I believe ALPA is the best solution for us.

I heard CHUCK and JERRY (uncle) have sent out a memo to pilots titled, "YOU BETTER CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF."

I havent seen any memo. Unless they neglected to post it on our website.

Sounds kind of dumb, but I refuse to wear the Colgan lanyard because the clip comes loose really easily. I dont know how many times it would fall into my lap while flying. Next thing you know, I lose my badge.

'Course not. The masters over at Pinnacle have been involved in a grueling war of wills for years thanks to ALPA. They don't wanna fight the war on two fronts.....

You notice how they are treading lightly around this "issue" though.

They could very easily just send a memo that says "There has been a recent uprise in our pilots not conforming to the uniform regulations. In section XXX of XXX it states " blah blah blah, colgan lanyards". Any employee found to not be in compliance will recieve a warning on their first offense etc etc."

Of course this memo would make no grammatical sense and be spelled wrong as usual but you get the idea.

Makes you wonder why the choose to just tell the guys they see and even then only selectively when they could just stop it all at once. I have walked by BM twice with my lanyard and he just said hello.

Gave a ride to a Colgan OC member from LGA to ATL few days ago. He was proudly wearing his ALPA lanyard. He seemed pretty optimistic about the vote this time, too.

We seemed pretty optimistic last time also. I'd love to see it pass, but i'm not gonna count on it till the count is in, and the ink is wet on a contract

For the sake of still being able to wear my lanyard I unsnapped the part that holds it together and turned it inside out. Now it looks like a solid navy blue lanyard and when you walk you can see a peak at the alpa lettering on the inside. All of the CJC'ers know what it is but it is not as blatant to have mgmt see it and make me take it off completely.

Back