Allegiant seeking dispatchers

So apparently, I have an application in Allegiants system from August 5th. Just curious if that means it's still in consideration or just getting looked over. From my understanding it's kind of a real HR-esk thing to do for those that have Dx experience and a company is looking for dispatchers?
Have you received any communication since you put the application in?

So apparently, I have an application in Allegiants system from August 5th. Just curious if that means it's still in consideration or just getting looked over. From my understanding it's kind of a real HR-esk thing to do for those that have Dx experience and a company is looking for dispatchers?
I believe each time they hire it is separate from prior openings. I will have to check with the hiring manager tomorrow to make sure.

I have a virtual interview tomorrow afternoon. I’m kind of nervous because I’ve been out of the aviation for over six years.
I guess they don't do it like Southwest. They're already interviewing before the posting has closed? I thought I saw the posting would close on the 24th, but I don't see that note in the posting anymore and it's still open. You're in the same boat as I am as I am looking to get back into it after being out of aviation for a while, few years longer than you. If you don't mind me asking (otherwise you don't have to answer), what lead you back to dispatch?

I believe each time they hire it is separate from prior openings. I will have to check with the hiring manager tomorrow to make sure.
How long is the OJT typically at Allegiant? Just out of curiosity, I saw in the dispatch pay spreadsheet that the schedule there is 4 on 3 off, 10 hr shifts. Is that the schedule for the foreseeable future or is the next contract looking to change that? How many total dispatchers are employed there (with this new class included)?

How long is the OJT typically at Allegiant? Just out of curiosity, I saw in the dispatch pay spreadsheet that the schedule there is 4 on 3 off, 10 hr shifts. Is that the schedule for the foreseeable future or is the next contract looking to change that? How many total dispatchers are employed there (with this new class included)?
OJT can run anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. All based on how well you perform, and how the OJT instructors and student both feel.

Yes regarding schedules and the next contract.

Assuming there is no attrition, total dispatch count will be at 52 including this class.

I guess they don't do it like Southwest. They're already interviewing before the posting has closed? I thought I saw the posting would close on the 24th, but I don't see that note in the posting anymore and it's still open. You're in the same boat as I am as I am looking to get back into it after being out of aviation for a while, few years longer than you. If you don't mind me asking (otherwise you don't have to answer), what lead you back to dispatch?
Just really miss being around planes, and aviation in general. My father was an air force pilot. He passed away earlier this year, and we had talked a few times about getting back into dispatching etc. He knew I missed it, and was not crazy about my current situation. I miss the action and intensity of it. Plus, my gf and I are moving to Vegas in a few months anyways. So hopefully this works out. Things happen for a reason, right? I’d love to get the job, and retire with the company. I don’t plan on going anywhere else. I’m 58 years old. We moved to ABQ in 2018, and while we like it here, our ultimate goal was Las Vegas. We decided a few months ago to make it happen, and we are. Already given notice with our landlord here

Last edited:
Does anyone have a copy of the payscale, and any other positions in the contract with overrides? Such as ATC, chief dispatcher ETC. PM me or reply, thanks in advance. Good luck to all who apply.

Hi, is there anyone else who received the email to schedule the virtual interview, but there are no dates/times available? I am currently running into this issue. Also is the virtual interview just personality stuff or aviation knowledge too?

OJT can run anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. All based on how well you perform, and how the OJT instructors and student both feel.

Yes regarding schedules and the next contract.

Assuming there is no attrition, total dispatch count will be at 52 including this class.
I work at a wholly owned regional and our Dispatch seniority list is this size…

I work at a wholly owned regional and our Dispatch seniority list is this size…

Well yeah, Allegiant probably doesn't run an operation that requires a legacy sized dispatch group. They have a fleet on par with EDV/Envoy size wise and probably run a similar number of flights.

It's not like they're DL/UA/AA/WN who all operate 2500 flights per day or more on their own metal.

Back