Allegiant seeking dispatchers

Delta Echo

Word is this class could be for up to 10.

I saw this today. I just wonder if they would seriously consider someone right out of school. 2 years experience preferred but other airline ops experience will be considered.

My former banana themed ULCC went from hiring prior to Covid almost exclusively dispatchers with experience, to hiring dispatchers with no experience afterwards.

Glad to see they opened again. I’ve got apps in with two other legacies but I might mess around and find out with this one.

My only perturbance with Allegiant is that during their last round I received absolutely no communication from them until a week before they started their new hire groups. Them and frontier are the only carriers that have done that and it honestly left a bad taste in my mouth.

What's the hiring process (assessments, interviews, etc) and typical timeline for all the steps in the hiring process, from application to final offer?

Word is this class could be for up to 10.
Are you a dispatcher with Allegiant?

What's the hiring process (assessments, interviews, etc) and typical timeline for all the steps in the hiring process, from application to final offer?
Once they have gotten to the F2F things have moved pretty fast. In the last 2 classes offers have gone out around 3 weeks before class.

What are the odds to get hired here with airline ops experience but no dispatch work history? Full pay during training? How bad is the col now in Vegas? Any input would be very helpful!

Once they have gotten to the F2F things have moved pretty fast. In the last 2 classes offers have gone out around 3 weeks before class.
Thanks, good to know. My question was really referring to the entire process, if you have any info on this. Is there a dispatch knowledge assessment test? How many total interviews (phone screening before a F2F)? What is the timeline (ex: invitation for testing goes out, test a week or two later for those invited, phone screening a week or two after the test for those who performed satisfactorily, final F2F interview a week after that, final offers at the end of that week, classes start a month after the final offer(or in this case 3 weeks if that's what you gather) etc? If you have any knowledge of how it goes at Allegiant.

Generally, candidates will first get a quiz on very basic 121 stuff. After that a pre-recorded interview may occur. Then F2F which may either be online or in person.

When you say face to face do you mean virtual like Teams, or physically in person? I have my virtual F2F coming up. I'm trying to get a sense of what time frame they are looking to start the new people. Before Christmas?

Yes. online assessment is the first stage. It was like 17 questions, normal stuff that any new dispatcher should know coming out of the school. 1 was the famous "do I need an alternate" question with a taf. There were a few airport code questions which I thought was silly because you're never going to memorize every airport code in the system but the good thing is you can look it up. Its not timed so if you need to refer to notes you can.
Myself, I want to know the timeline as well because I had another interview with a 135 and feel like I might get an offer but this is a much better opportunity

When you say face to face do you mean virtual like Teams, or physically in person? I have my virtual F2F coming up. I'm trying to get a sense of what time frame they are looking to start the new people. Before Christmas?

Yes. online assessment is the first stage. It was like 17 questions, normal stuff that any new dispatcher should know coming out of the school. 1 was the famous "do I need an alternate" question with a taf. There were a few airport code questions which I thought was silly because you're never going to memorize every airport code in the system but the good thing is you can look it up. Its not timed so if you need to refer to notes you can.
Myself, I want to know the timeline as well because I had another interview with a 135 and feel like I might get an offer but this is a much better opportunity

It could be in person or a Teams like platform. In either case it is live face 2 face with an interviewer.

The earliest this class will start should be in February.

It could be in person or a Teams like platform. In either case it is live face 2 face with an interviewer.

The earliest this class will start should be in February.

damn, that's a long time. I felt like things moved pretty fast from applying to interviewing but based on your timeline it could be a month between my interview and an offer. Do they only do one F2F interview?

As of today they have only done one F2F as far back as I can remember.
Well then it looks good. I'm scheduled to meet with the Manager & Asst. Mgr. of Dispatch next week. fingers crossed! I can deal with a Feb. start date - that's actually ideal since my lease here is up then - but I'd need to know in the not too distant future because I have a feeling I might get another offer soon from another interview. But that one is a 135 that doesn't really dispatch & I'd only take it if I couldn't find something else. Their start date is going to be whenever I can get there. I think my chances are strong there because it doesn't require a certificate and I have one which probably put me at the top of the pile. Plus, that one is a 2,000 mile trip in the opposite direction from Vegas.

What’s the schedule like and what software does allegiant use?
Nablue for flight planning.
WSI for ASD and weather
ARINC OpCenter for ACARS
Aerodata for take off/landing performance
In house products for flight following
Teams for intra office communication and an in house product for desk specific alerts (tail swaps/delay awarness/messages from the crew, etc.)

Pay and schedule can be found through the dispatch pay spreadsheet on the top of the main dispatch page.

So apparently, I have an application in Allegiants system from August 5th. Just curious if that means it's still in consideration or just getting looked over. From my understanding it's kind of a real HR-esk thing to do for those that have Dx experience and a company is looking for dispatchers?

Back