Allegiant Airlines

BravoHotel

I flew on them for the first time last night. Not overall bad. The "airfare" was overall cheap. My only gripe is fee for anything and everything. I think even the fees had a fee. It would be nice to pay a one and done fare, but it seems to work for them.

I flew on them for the first time last night. Not overall bad. The "airfare" was overall cheap. My only gripe is fee for anything and everything. I think even the fees had a fee. It would be nice to pay a one and done fare, but it seems to work for them.

Even the fees had a fee. Lol.

If you'd rather pay a one and done fare there are plenty of carriers that offer ticket classes that give you that.

You purchased a ticket on a carrier that is probably number 2 in the world of "added fees" and then complain about it?

MMA No Water.gif

That's why the air fare was cheap! Spirit and Frontier are also doing the same.

I mean when I can fly from Stockton to Vegas for $74 roundtrip after tax, I'll gladly stuff everything into my backpack for the weekend and pay $3 for a soda. Just kidding, I'd buy shots.

Allegiant has had massive delays(3+ hour) on at least one segment most times I've flown them. But you get what you pay for. Like an online check-in system that will let you start the process, charge your card for seat assignments, but then not check you in as the seat selection process has put you within 59 minutes of departure time. Then you show up with no bags 40 minutes before departure(which a loud radio call will confirm is further delayed by a mechanical and will board late) and they'll refuse to check you in claiming that you have to be there an hour before the flight. The courteous agent might then say something like "Of course you CAN make it, that's not the issue, the issue is you need a boarding pass, and I'm not going to give you one". They will accommodate you the following day for a fee(if the city has daily service) that is roughly twice what you paid for the one-way ticket.

All part of the adventure. Axe me how I know.

Last edited:
If you'd rather pay a one and done fare there are plenty of carriers that offer ticket classes that give you that.

You purchased a ticket on a carrier that is probably number 2 in the world of "added fees" and then complain about it?

View attachment 30113

Yup. It is what pilots do. First exposure to allegiant so I was not exactly aware of how every thing worked.

I've flown Allegiant, round trip, from Lexington to Orlando-Sanford about twenty times. Other than weather that would have delayed anybody, I've had a two hour delay due to mx and a cancelled flight with a week's notice.

Not bad and my sample size is better than most. As I'm not connecting, delays aren't a big deal and since I'm flying to my Florida place, I don't need to carry much. Since the switch to Airbus on that route, things look and feel more like a major.

Of course, I'm a thrifty bastard, that's why I have a Florida place to fly to.

A funny side note, I hope their maintenance department is better than their IT department. When they canceled my fight due to a schedule change, they sent me an email with every passenger cc'd for all to see. I wrote them back and told them that normally when a flight is canceled, I have to suffer in silence. Since I was provided with the names and email addresses of everybody on the flight, I could share my pain with my fellow travelers.

To be fair it's probably not to bad with a steel door separating you from the unwashed masses in the back.

Not really true just because you don't have to deal with the crap in the back of the plane doesn't mean there isn't a problem in the front. I will happily go walk with the guys if and when they strike I still have good friends there, but I wouldn't ride on them.

Haven't flown Allegiant, but I would certainly argue that not all ulccs are the same. There's a significant gradient between, for example, Spirit and Frontier (in spite of what I think is the fact that they're owned by the same people???). Frontier is pretty much like any other airline except you have to pay for your crap snack. Spirit is essentially the ninth circle, to the degree that I'm fairly certain Satan was sitting next to me chewing on Judas' head the last time I flew them.

Haven't flown Allegiant, but I would certainly argue that not all ulccs are the same. There's a significant gradient between, for example, Spirit and Frontier (in spite of what I think is the fact that they're owned by the same people???). Frontier is pretty much like any other airline except you have to pay for your crap snack. Spirit is essentially the ninth circle, to the degree that I'm fairly certain Satan was sitting next to me chewing on Judas' head the last time I flew them.
One thing that I can tell you about flying Allegiant is that wearing a hat, dark sunglasses, ear buds, and reading a magazine isn't enough to keep a Disney-bound passenger from telling you his life story.

Biggest difference I can see between Allegiant and Spirit= Maintenance. Working at Both I can see a huge difference here at Spirit.

Back