Allegiant Airlines

Wasn't expecting luxury. I was expecting cattle car type service. The fee schedule is what got me. I am surprised the O2 masks didn't have a credit card swipe to get the air flowing in the event of an emergency.

Where did you fly from/to? If you read all the fine print there are ways to avoid a bunch of the fees. Glad we were able to get you from point A to point B safely.

Actually they do...but you don't see it until they deploy.

Actually they don't and I'd appreciate it if you didn't give the "Yanofsky's" of the world false impressions of an air carrier you clearly don't work for or know a whole heap about mmkay? Thanks.

Haven't flown Allegiant, but I would certainly argue that not all ulccs are the same. There's a significant gradient between, for example, Spirit and Frontier (in spite of what I think is the fact that they're owned by the same people???). Frontier is pretty much like any other airline except you have to pay for your crap snack. Spirit is essentially the ninth circle, to the degree that I'm fairly certain Satan was sitting next to me chewing on Judas' head the last time I flew them.
Spirit was invested in by indigo, but they no longer own them after the IPO. The zoo is owned by indigo now.

I mean when I can fly from Stockton to Vegas for $74 roundtrip after tax, I'll gladly stuff everything into my backpack for the weekend and pay $3 for a soda. Just kidding, I'd buy shots.

Allegiant has had massive delays(3+ hour) on at least one segment most times I've flown them. But you get what you pay for. Like an online check-in system that will let you start the process, charge your card for seat assignments, but then not check you in as the seat selection process has put you within 59 minutes of departure time. Then you show up with no bags 40 minutes before departure(which a loud radio call will confirm is further delayed by a mechanical and will board late) and they'll refuse to check you in claiming that you have to be there an hour before the flight. The courteous agent might then say something like "Of course you CAN make it, that's not the issue, the issue is you need a boarding pass, and I'm not going to give you one". They will accommodate you the following day for a fee(if the city has daily service) that is roughly twice what you paid for the one-way ticket.

All part of the adventure. Axe me how I know.

That's racist.

I flew on them for the first time last night. Not overall bad. The "airfare" was overall cheap. My only gripe is fee for anything and everything. I think even the fees had a fee. It would be nice to pay a one and done fare, but it seems to work for them.

One and done go to a major and purchase a first class ticket. Bags, Drinks and food all included..... The LCC and ULCC's are around because people didn't like the one and done pricing and only wanted to pay for what they used/wanted. Then the market give them that option and then complain about having to pay each item separately. SMH

Print your boarding pass prior to showing up at the gate, it will save you 5 bucks. Also, if you want some water tell them you don't have any cash on you and you need to swallow your meds (not joking) and you should get a free cup.

Other than that, yeah you get what you pay for. FWIW we really don't cater to business travelers and we don't do frequency. Most of our guests are going on vacation, and virtually none are making connections so our passengers are generally happier. We have some bad delays for sure, but we're getting better. BLI which has all kinds of issues with weather (only 1 ILS on the North side and crappy weather) will be all AB by mid Feb which means we can take advantage of the RNAV approaches on both sides, so our OTP/CX numbers should improve up there.

The big elephant in the room though is our contract negotiations, (see the thread on the Airline Forum) is coming to a head and there may be a work stoppage in the late Feb-Apr time-frame so be careful if you plan on traveling us between now and then. I have no idea what the company will do for our passengers if there is a work stoppage. Stay tuned.

Print your boarding pass prior to showing up at the gate, it will save you 5 bucks. Also, if you want some water tell them you don't have any cash on you and you need to swallow your meds (not joking) and you should get a free cup.

Other than that, yeah you get what you pay for. FWIW we really don't cater to business travelers and we don't do frequency. Most of our guests are going on vacation, and virtually none are making connections so our passengers are generally happier. We have some bad delays for sure, but we're getting better. BLI which has all kinds of issues with weather (only 1 ILS on the North side and crappy weather) will be all AB by mid Feb which means we can take advantage of the RNAV approaches on both sides, so our OTP/CX numbers should improve up there.

The big elephant in the room though is our contract negotiations, (see the thread on the Airline Forum) is coming to a head and there may be a work stoppage in the late Feb-Apr time-frame so be careful if you plan on traveling us between now and then. I have no idea what the company will do for our passengers if there is a work stoppage. Stay tuned.

No codeshare agreements/partnerships with other carriers?

This is simultaneously amazing, and terrible.

It happens so very rarely nowadays that I wonder too.

Back