All I do is win

Screaming_Emu

Joe Conventional
I had a pretty amazing commute yesterday that I thought I’d share.

Finishing up recurrent it was time to head home. AA no longer operates MIA-IAD direct, so I was connecting through EWR.

First flight was delayed due to weather approaching EWR. I spent my free time berating @NovemberEcho for be delay. I guess he couldn’t find his wands.

Flight finally departs almost two hours late. I thought I was lucky because the same plane I was riding on from MIA was taking me down to IAD, but I got even luckier when we started holding over VA and ultimately diverted to IAD.

Not only did I get home on time, but I didn’t have to go to New Jersey. “Today was a good day.”

Unrelated, the new mandated upset recovery training is pretty fun.

I had a pretty amazing commute yesterday that I thought I’d share.

Finishing up recurrent it was time to head home. AA no longer operates MIA-IAD direct, so I was connecting through EWR.

First flight was delayed due to weather approaching EWR. I spent my free time berating @NovemberEcho for be delay. I guess he couldn’t find his wands.

Flight finally departs almost two hours late. I thought I was lucky because the same plane I was riding on from MIA was taking me down to IAD, but I got even luckier when we started holding over VA and ultimately diverted to IAD.

Not only did I get home on time, but I didn’t have to go to New Jersey. “Today was a good day.”

Unrelated, the new mandated upset recovery training is pretty fun.
Don’t you love it when you’re the only happy one on a divert or delay? :)

I’m very much looking forward to EET, and I’m glad that the box will finally have more realistic dynamics for the ends of the envelope.

Don’t you love it when you’re the only happy one on a divert or delay? :)

I’m very much looking forward to EET, and I’m glad that the box will finally have more realistic dynamics for the ends of the envelope.

I really enjoyed it. Only downside is an unavoidable one. Being in the sim, you can’t feel the G forces. So you’d make what you thought was a smooth recovery only to find out you hit the load limit afterwards. Instructor has a chart on the screen in the back showing load and speed.

I really enjoyed it. Only downside is an unavoidable one. Being in the sim, you can’t feel the G forces. So you’d make what you thought was a smooth recovery only to find out you hit the load limit afterwards. Instructor has a chart on the screen in the back showing load and speed.
That’s my biggest concern (term paper topic, in fact).

I’d rather just go take people up for 1.0 of Decathlon time and let them feel the limit loads.

I got to play escape from EWR last night. Only five hours late, and cancelled my last leg into an unscheduled overnight at home in base.

Put me down as well for really enjoying EET, we started ours last year. Plus I’m fortunate that my former corporate job sent us all to Calspan for their upset recovery training in in a Lear 25. Their inflight-simulator has a G-limit if 2.5 positive and -.5 negative if I remember right. Really helps to get the seat of the pants feeling during recoveries.

Attachments

• 3BEA6C50-4DFC-4196-B62B-3EDB73E1DFB5.jpeg
    3BEA6C50-4DFC-4196-B62B-3EDB73E1DFB5.jpeg
    512.3 KB · Views: 115
That’s my biggest concern (term paper topic, in fact).

I’d rather just go take people up for 1.0 of Decathlon time and let them feel the limit loads.
I was pretty underwhelmed but I have a different background.
True, time would be better suited being upside down in a decathlon to build fundamentals, but getting the visuals from your seat would be helpful if you ever find yourself way way way past alpha max.

Back