ALASKA multi time...

pilotben1986

Hey I am looking for someone who wants to build twin time and split the cost... it is in a Piper Seneca II (twin turbo charged) not much equipment on board but splitting the cost would be $105 each fuel is already included in cost...$210 total...

Also if you want to go somewhere with a group of people I am also willing to prorate the cost (I will pay my portion of the trip) seats up to 7 max...

so total cost $210 an hour, divided by number of pax... starts to get pretty cheap for everyone!

the plane is currently getting two new 6 cylinder Continental 215hp engines installed yes counter rotating props and turbo charged... the plane is hangared and has a great heating system on board so no problem with the Alaska temp...

plane will fly comfortably with six people and baggage and has an arctic survival kit on board... good day trip to Fairbanks, Homer or wherever with 6 people will cost about $35 dollars and hour per person...so the more the merrier! so get your friends to pitch in for a trip or something!

no really only about 6 or 7 at the most... and that is dependent on individual weight of course.

Here she is and if you are interested and have any questions about any systems (hydro, environmental, fuel) or about capacities (baggage,fuel, oil blah blah) and performances just let me know and I will gladly give you the information...

39522.jpg

Also if you want to go somewhere with a group of people I am also willing to prorate the cost (I will pay my portion of the trip) seats up to 7 max...

so total cost $210 an hour, divided by number of pax... starts to get pretty cheap for everyone!

Be careful with that...

Be careful with that...

careful? are you meaning with the weight or getting people to split the cost? If it is the cost there is no worries because I am not doing it commercially, just pro rated.

well if it is the weight yeah thats why I threw in the "depending on individual weight" part. I was curious how the plane would perform so I got a local instructor and we filled the plane with some other pilots a couple 100lb weights and 128 gallons of fuel..

The plane did great! we even shutdown one engine and we still had a good climb rate! that was in the summer too... The plane wont fly right unless there is weight in those seats or the rear baggage compartment.. it is very nose heavy with out something back there, so stability wise it tends to fly better with the weight in the back...

I think it was built to be loaded if you know what I mean and not so much as a trainer.

I'm not sure what he was referring to, but I think it had to do with prorating the cost and taking passengers. I think that in the past the FAA has come down on people if they can find anything that even remotely resembles accepting compensation for carrying passengers. Although it is really unlikely anything would come of it, the FAA could possibly make the case that by sharing the cost with the passengers, you were essentially charging them to fly them around. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about FAA interpretation of the FARs chimes in.

I'm not sure what he was referring to, but I think it had to do with prorating the cost and taking passengers. I think that in the past the FAA has come down on people if they can find anything that even remotely resembles accepting compensation for carrying passengers. Although it is really unlikely anything would come of it, the FAA could possibly make the case that by sharing the cost with the passengers, you were essentially charging them to fly them around. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about FAA interpretation of the FARs chimes in.

oh well thanks for the advice kgflyboy... Well if that is the case then I just wont go with passengers and will offer the deal as split time and cost between pilots, either way I think this is a pretty good deal...take flights twin in anchorage is charging $350 and hour for a Dutches... I will try and look into that a bit more before I make any PAX decusions... but thanks again for your input...

offer is still in the air

Fly them around no further than 25nm from the airport and call it sightseeing....

61.113(c) A private pilot may not pay less than the pro rata share of the operating expenses of a flight with passengers, provided the expenses involve only fuel, oil, airport expenditures, or rental fees.

61.113(c) A private pilot may not pay less than the pro rata share of the operating expenses of a flight with passengers, provided the expenses involve only fuel, oil, airport expenditures, or rental fees.

oh great! thanks... well at least this tells me I am perfectly within regulations thanks for sharing this...
I thought that's what it was. so even with PAX I am still good to go....

will get your but up here and get some cheapy multi time.

I'll definitely split some time in one of the singles.

I suppose a few hour single engine couldn't hurt but I am really looking for that multi time....

I was looking at your page do you have a license?
I assume you do since you want to split time...
just get your multi out of the way and we will be good to go and from the looks of the regs with PAX too!

If no one wants to split multi any time soon then sure I'll do some single with ya...

I suppose a few hour single engine couldn't hurt but I am really looking for that multi time....

I was looking at your page do you have a license?
I assume you do since you want to split time...
just get your multi out of the way and we will be good to go and from the looks of the regs with PAX too!

If no one wants to split multi any time soon then sure I'll do some single with ya...

Multi is on my list, right after instrument and floats.

I guess nobody has pointed out that he's a commercial pilot which does loosen up the restrictions a bit concerning what he can and can't do with the airplane. That all said, I'm going to leave it alone.

I did my multi in that airplane. Gotta love the purple interior. I'm pretty sure that you're not going to be able to get you plus 5 and all their gear in it though. Just be careful.

On a side note, do you know why it's getting a new engine? :)

:)
I guess nobody has pointed out that he's a commercial pilot which does loosen up the restrictions a bit concerning what he can and can't do with the airplane. That all said, I'm going to leave it alone.

I did my multi in that airplane. Gotta love the purple interior. I'm pretty sure that you're not going to be able to get you plus 5 and all their gear in it though. Just be careful.

On a side note, do you know why it's getting a new engine? :)

for your side note I will give you a PM:)

Steve was referring to "holding out." Even though you have a Commercial license it doesn't mean you can load up a plane full of people, charge them and fly them somewhere. That's considered Commuter/On-Demand and falls under 135 regs.

But, you can load up and fly within 25nm of the departure airport, call it sight seeing and charge for it. I'm trying to find the reg that allows this but am having some trouble. Anybody else know where this is?

Back