Alaska cutting back on California routes from Virgin

tcco94

Future GTA VI Pilot
https://m.sfgate.com/chris-mcginnis...ready-cutting-back-in-California-12736805.pHp

Alaska Airlines already cutting back in California
Several core Virgin America routes flying away from SFO, LAX

Alaska Airlines/Virgin America will eliminate or reduce service to five cities it currently serves from San Francisco International Airport SFO in what the Seattle-based carrier called a move to improve efficiency. It is also making schedule reductions at Los Angeles International Airport LAX.

Flights from SFO to Minneapolis, Fort Lauderdale, and Mexico City will be eliminated after May 19. Flights to Denver will end after June 5. Alaska Airlines cancelled its non-stop service from SFO to Cancun, Mexico on March 3. The carrier has reduced service on its SFO to Chicago-O'Hare non-stop flight to just once a day in each direction.

Alaska is also planning a round of cuts in Southern California. Non-stop flights from Los Angeles International Airport to Orlando will end July 5. The airline also discontinued non-stop flights from LAX to Havana and Cancun in January 2018. Alaska's flight from San Diego to Mexico City will be eliminated after May 19.

"There has been low-demand for these flights and we need to utilize aircraft elsewhere on the route map," said Oriana Branon, Alaska Airlines's Director of Community and Public Relations for the Bay Area. "This change is indicative of how we are looking across the network and making decisions to ensure we are running as efficient of an operation as possible."

Branon said that passengers holding reservations on terminated routes will be re-accommodated on Alaska Airlines flights via its Seattle hub or another city it serves. (When we checked, many of these terminated flights are still for sale online but Branon said that they will be removed soon.)

What’s wrong with the SWA experience? I often choose it over United, even though I’m Silver with United.

Everything. But UAL is only saved by stroopwafel. In this case, my flight was booked through AS. Cancelled. I was put on an earlier flight, which was delayed until after the departure time of the earlier flight. Then my MVP Gold got me the back row... But at least I wasn't shanked in the aisle, which is what I expect from SWA.

LOL! SFO-MEX wasn't a Virgin route, it was an Alaska route started less than a year ago...how Alaska is losing out to United and Aeromexico on the route, no idea. Aeromexico is late all the time, and United is...United. Volaris is on the route too but that is the Spirit/Allegiant crowd.

The sooner the merger finishes the better. The passenger experience on VA is almost as embarrassing as SWA.
Uh, OK? I think most of the Bay Area would disagree with you. These days Virgin America, jetBlue, and Delta are the only 3 that feel different to me. The rest feel like a bus, but you get treated better on some than others. And that is from a nerd's perspective, I can only guess what the regular public thinks.

Everything. But UAL is only saved by stroopwafel. In this case, my flight was booked through AS. Cancelled. I was put on an earlier flight, which was delayed until after the departure time of the earlier flight. Then my MVP Gold got me the back row... But at least I wasn't shanked in the aisle, which is what I expect from SWA.

Sounds like you just described my day in PDX today.

I was on that 11:35. I was supposed to be on a 12:35. I did manage the PDX Priority Pass Quadfecta. International J in my future, so all will be right in the world.

...you have ridden on both of these airlines, right?

I personally don't mind the "no class at all" (- SWA FA) approach, and I also don't mind the VX "experience."

Yes. And while I was overly critical of my singular VX experience, the lack of class on SWA is entirly worth protesting against. After all, punching people for being mere Nazis is supposed to be acceptable, and having no class is a far worse offense.

...you have ridden on both of these airlines, right?

I personally don't mind the "no class at all" (- SWA FA) approach, and I also don't mind the VX "experience."
I like SWA but my god if I have to hear another flight attendant sing terribly over the PA for 2 minutes straight like they're trying to audition for American idol I'm gonna lose my cool. It's all good that people are having fun at SWA but captains need to put a lid on FA's trying to get "discovered" over the PA.

I like SWA but my god if I have to hear another flight attendant sing terribly over the PA for 2 minutes straight like they're trying to audition for American idol I'm gonna lose my cool. It's all good that people are having fun at SWA but captains need to put a lid on FA's trying to get "discovered" over the PA.
I much prefer the safety information delivered seriously.

I'm told the Fuzz holds probationary FAs at SWA to high standards and then after that it's anything goes.

The safety briefing on VX is literally a music video.

I am NOT the target audience.

Back