Alaska CFI training

John2375

I'm interested in taking some time off this summer and spending a month in Alaska someplace, getting my CFI ticket and some valuable Alaskan flying experience - does anyone recommend a spefic FBO or flight school in particular? I'm looking for something around either Anchorage or Fairbanks, although that's not set in stone at all.
Thanks,
John
still at 300 hours and in a tiresome holding pattern!

FlyAlaska.com!

One of my wife's coworker's father runs this website!

[ QUOTE ]
One of my wife's coworker's father runs this website!

[/ QUOTE ]

HELMET I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former room-mate.

LONE STARR What's that make us?

HELMET Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind when i read your post Doug. Funny movie.
tongue.gif

Take Flight Alaska at Merrill field in Anchorage is the largest flight school up here. If you have access to Military bases, there is a good flying club at Elmendorf.

The flying up here is great, and I am glad I came up here to do it. I have been here just over a month have about 60 Alaska time and will be starting ground school for a 135 carrier this month.

I will when I can, I am still living at a friends house and most of my belongings are still in my car. I will be moving in about a week and will then be able to get some.

Thanks!
About how much total time do you have?
I emiled the Take Flight Alaska Chief CFI and he said he'd welcome me to do my training and thenmaybe work for him (full time) before going off to a 135 operation where I could work 2 weeks on/2 weeks off - that sort of thing.
John

There are a lot of carriers up here that hire with low time. I came up here with just over 1,000 and now have somewhere near 1,150. I got on with one that does the 2on/2off schedule, there are some that do a 20/10, and PenAir does a 1week on/1 week off schedule for the caravan co-pilots out in Dillingham. Therea are also a lot of people that do seasonal summer hiring but I am not sure what kind of times they require.

Back