Alaska BNA-SEA takeoff abort

Nice job. Doesn't make me feel any greater about the national airspace system though. Imagine if these airport/tower pattern level "whoopsies" start happening on departure/arrivals. I guess at least TCAS works......for planes with it

I heard the abort started around 108kts.
1726241382237.gif

Ironically I did this exact flight the day before. I hadn’t been back to BNA since prior to COVID and was shocked at how different it is. Always used 20R/02L there in years past but came in and went out on the center this time. Departing 20C, there is a significant slope. It was also much busier than I remember.

Nice job. Doesn't make me feel any greater about the national airspace system though. Imagine if these airport/tower pattern level "whoopsies" start happening on departure/arrivals. I guess at least TCAS works......for planes with it
I promise you that crazy ass stuff and close calls are happening weekly in the Radar environment....we just never make the news because its nowhere near as visible as "THESE TWO PLANES ALMOST CRASHED ON THE RUNWAY", and nobody outside aviation has any idea we even exist lmao.

I promise you that crazy ass stuff and close calls are happening weekly in the Radar environment....we just never make the news because its nowhere near as visible as "THESE TWO PLANES ALMOST CRASHED ON THE RUNWAY", and nobody outside aviation has any idea we even exist lmao.

And Tbf to ATC, at least anecdotally the majority of close calls I’ve seen in radar have been caused by pilot • ups. Not descending/climbing when told to, screwing up a STAR/SID, deciding 3 miles from intercepting the localizer is a good time to stop listening etc

Has anyone actually been to Nashville, as in the place, lately?

When the hell did all that happen?

We have a predilection of turning landlocked tourist traps into places people actually want to live. I now classify BNA with MCO and LAS.

This…befuddles me.

I worked for a hospitality company that built some properties off Broadway in Nashville, including a collaboration with Justin Timberlake.

It's become popular with celebs because it (was) relatively cheap and you can live like a king on a ton of land for less than they were paying to live on a postage stamp in LA. There's also no personal income tax and other freedoms that you won't get in California. It's a lot like Austin in that it's a very blue city in a red state, so you get the best of both worlds. It also doesn't hurt that it already had strong ties to the entertainment industry.

The south in general has become a very good place to do business as there's wealth and it's cheap to operate there.

I worked for a hospitality company that built some properties off Broadway in Nashville, including a collaboration with Justin Timberlake.

It's become popular with celebs because it (was) relatively cheap and you can live like a king on a ton of land for less than they were paying to live on a postage stamp in LA. There's also no personal income tax and other freedoms that you won't get in California. It's a lot like Austin in that it's a very blue city in a red state, so you get the best of both worlds. It also doesn't hurt that it already had strong ties to the entertainment industry.

The south in general has become a very good place to do business as there's wealth and it's cheap to operate there.

{sigh}

Back