Alaska Airlines is hiring

asdisp34

Alaska Airlines is hiring Reserve Dispatchers (the same as Assistant Dispatchers). Job is currently posted on their website. If you are interested check it out! Great place to work and Seattle is a great place to live!

careers.alaskaair.com

Hmmm, I've been looking for an opening there for about 2 years. Just wish I could find out about pay although I saw you guys passed a new contract last year. A chick that left my company and went up to be I guess a router/coordinator.

I just tossed my application in for the job. Can you shed some details on the job (pay/sched/etc.) asdisp34? Thanks.

Good luck to all who apply

I think it's kinda weird they refer to the position as "reserve dispatcher," sounds like it's a part time position

Reserve dispatchers are full-time guaranteed 1825 hours per year or something like that. Dispatchers typically work 5-3-5-3-5-4 but reserve dispatchers are usually relief so your work schedule varies. A mix of day/swing/graveyard is possible and days off varies. I'm not sure what the rules are for disclosing pay, but I'll say it's very competitive and last I heard in the top 3 of U.S. major airlines for dispatchers. Reserve dispatchers with an FAA Dispatch license get paid the same rate as Dispatchers. PM me for more info. Looks like it closes tomorrow....

asdisp34, Thank you so much for the info. Much appreciated. I'll probably shoot you something if I come up with a question. Again, thanks.

just an FYI reminder...unless it's changed, if you are a smoker, don't waste your time...you can't have smoked for 6 months & according to other forums, they swab your mouth to test

Anyone here actually work for alaska air, or knows how i can get a tour of the dispatch office? Let me know...thanks.

It was a posting for multiple positions, not just one. They have hired a fair mix of internal and external candidates over the past few years. Obviously it's nice to hire from within, but if the best candidate is from the outside, they won't think twice about hiring them...

A buddy of mine went out there last week for a face to face. He has not heard anything back yet, they said they have more interviews lined up yada yada yada.

Yeah, interviews have been ongoing. External applicants have been flown in for interviews for the past 2-3 weeks.

Back