Airport screeners BYPASSING security

"We have to put our resources where we believe the risk is greatest. Does it really make sense for the Transportation Security officers to spend time screening each other rather than focusing on the unknown out there?" asked Carrie Harmon, TSA public affairs manager.
Uh, yes actually.

YOU BET IT DOES...considering some of the scum I have seen operating the TSA lately....sheesh this is too much

Notice they look a lot like JetBlue pilots with badges walking around the terminal? I wonder how long that deep blue of the new uniforms will last!

Quote:
"We have to put our resources where we believe the risk is greatest. Does it really make sense for the Transportation Security officers to spend time screening each other rather than focusing on the unknown out there?" asked Carrie Harmon, TSA public affairs manager.

Uh, yes actually

Probably makes more sense than checking the pilots....Great Job Carrie:rolleyes:

What's up with the Blue uniforms? Anyone who should be allowed to walk through an airport security screener undetected should be a federalized officer. Period. The rigors and intelligence required would weed out a great many of ATL's finest anyway. FTSO.

As a TSA employee, I feel somewhat pressured to respond to this. DT, you forgot to mention our bellhop pants. First off, I agree with the popular vote on this. It is a huge security risk to let employees through a checkpoint unscreened. However, there are many places to access "sterile areas" of airports without undergoing screening. A misconception is that every airport employee is screened, when that is not the case. Based on my personal experiences, many baggage handlers never see metal detectors or have their property searched. To get back to the topic, the government's fear of removing the metal badge is ridiculous. I believe this is a weak excuse. Why change to a metal badge in the first place. Sorry if I went off, I can't wait to quit.

Prolly best not to talk about the best ways to get into the "secure areas" over a forum. I remember that from my SIDA training I think? or wait no...that was common sense. :)

"Security professionals" hahaha yet we the pilot groups and flight attendants who go through more training, more background checks and are in the airports more and actually on the planes go through these lines with employees who mostly seem to be GED graduates! :( This is just so freaken annoying and unreal! TSA is a joke in general. Nothing uniformed across the line. Our government needs to step in but we all know that wont happen! What a joke and a waste of tax payer dollars.

"Security professionals" hahaha yet we the pilot groups and flight attendants who go through more training, more background checks and are in the airports more and actually on the planes go through these lines with employees who mostly seem to be GED graduates! :( This is just so freaken annoying and unreal! TSA is a joke in general. Nothing uniformed across the line. Our government needs to step in but we all know that wont happen! What a joke and a waste of tax payer dollars.

But, but they're protecting us! I know I feel much safer with the TSA on the job. :buck:

As a TSA employee, I feel somewhat pressured to respond to this. DT, you forgot to mention our bellhop pants. First off, I agree with the popular vote on this. It is a huge security risk to let employees through a checkpoint unscreened. However, there are many places to access "sterile areas" of airports without undergoing screening. A misconception is that every airport employee is screened, when that is not the case. Based on my personal experiences, many baggage handlers never see metal detectors or have their property searched.

Actually it's not a misconception, as pilots we know that, and I think it's well, almost irresponsible. Especially after some recent events where ground agents have been involved in illegal activities post-9/11. It actually blows my mind it's allowed to happen yet we as pilots are screened. Even out of uniform we can't carry liquids thru, yet the ground agents bring whatever they want into the secured area. How funny is that.

The scam continues.

How anyone can willingly goto work for this crooked administration and their goons is beyond me.

Guess they need proles for the Ministry of Peace.

Quote:

Uh, yes actually.
Same as me getting special searches a military member because we usually would only purchase one way tickets.

Sorry if I went off, I can't wait to quit.

And there you have it. I was wrong about what I said regarding federalizing the TSA and increasing their pay.

I figured that the increased pay would draw a better quality employee.

What I didn't realize is that initially, this would be true but over time, anyone with a brain and the ability to use it would end up quitting because it's a crappy job.

And there you have it. I was wrong about what I said regarding federalizing the TSA and increasing their pay.

I figured that the increased pay would draw a better quality employee.

What I didn't realize is that initially, this would be true but over time, anyone with a brain and the ability to use it would end up quitting because it's a crappy job.

And the majority show its a crappy job with their attitude...just like at the DMV and Post Office....

I sat next to a TSA employee on the bus the other day. She was ex-Verizon management, retired, and was looking for something to do I guess. Anyway certainly not the typical screeners you'd see in PHL or DTW.

I don't really care. If they're responsible for screening everyone it's kind of dumb that they themselves have to be screened.

I'd be on board with anyone who has a SIDA badge not having to be screened. That, and give flight crews a SIDA badge for everywhere.

The Crew badge should be sufficient.

I actually am extremely in favor of having the TSA individuals required to only have access to the various security checkpoints, and no where else on the airport or in the terminals within the secured areas.

We have real law enforcement officers roaming the terminals, and aprons as it is, as the SIDAs are local city or county territory anyway. No need for these Pretend-LEOs to be walking around the terminals in my humble opinion.

Back