Airport screeners BYPASSING security

Speaking of the TSA and other eyewash. Kristie and I were doing a HELOC application today over the telephone and we had about a 3 minutes spiel by the originator required by the Patriot Act that he brief us on funding terrorism or something else like that.

Man, that was Eddie Murphy funny. "Drat, Akbar! We are foiled again by the Patriot Act!"

"We have to put our resources where we believe the risk is greatest. Does it really make sense for the Transportation Security officers to spend time screening each other rather than focusing on the unknown out there?" asked Carrie Harmon, TSA public affairs manager.
How "known" are the agents anyway?

Easily bought I'm sure.

Speaking of the TSA and other eyewash. Kristie and I were doing a HELOC application today over the telephone and we had about a 3 minutes spiel by the originator required by the Patriot Act that he brief us on funding terrorism or something else like that.

Man, that was Eddie Murphy funny. "Drat, Akbar! We are foiled again by the Patriot Act!"

Same damn reason I can't play for real money on any of my once favorite poker sites.

It's all a scam, and we are all to blame for accepting such ridiculous legislation. . .all based off of our fear of another "Terror" attack.

Crappy jobs. . .are great jobs to the poor, uneducated, and/or unemployed. There I said it.

Eh... My family isnt made of money. My dad moved from Nicaragua stayed with HP for 20 years and makes 17 bucks an hour. They couldn't afford to pay any of my school. I have a 4 year bachelors degree from Texas A&M and I am in the middle of flight school. And TSA... is paying for it.

I know how annoying it is to go through security and stuff, but please dont act like every single person there is uneducated/stupid or poor. I have to start somewhere. I am 22 years old and I have yet to win the lottery :/ maybe tommorow.

Wow wow wow.

I never said the TSA was a crappy job.

And the majority show its a crappy job with their attitude...just like at the DMV and Post Office....

Crappy jobs. . .are great jobs to the poor, uneducated, and/or unemployed. There I said it.

Nevertheless, my emphasis is more focused on the damage it is doing to our Constitution and the things many fought and died to protect.

All with a few swoops of a pen, eroded.

Such is life of living in this country with crooked politicians using fear as their main campaign slogan.

TSA is a joke in general. Nothing uniformed across the line. Our government needs to step in but we all know that wont happen! What a joke and a waste of tax payer dollars.

Uh, TSA IS the government, Congress in their infinite wisdom created this monster which basically turned a bunch of low paid morons into higher paid morons on the government dime. I think its time to privatize again.:banghead:

Eh... My family isnt made of money. My dad moved from Nicaragua stayed with HP for 20 years and makes 17 bucks an hour. They couldn't afford to pay any of my school. I have a 4 year bachelors degree from Texas A&M and I am in the middle of flight school. And TSA... is paying for it.

I know how annoying it is to go through security and stuff, but please dont act like every single person there is uneducated/stupid or poor. I have to start somewhere. I am 22 years old and I have yet to win the lottery :/ maybe tommorow.

:yeahthat:

Seriously Josh, lay off the TSA guys. This isnt the only thread you have turned into a one-sided pilots vs TSA crap fest. They do the best they can within the situation given to them. Sure there may be a couple gems out there, but I'm sure your airline has just as many behind the controls.

Some of the crap that people spew out on here amazes me.

It is amazing what the public doesn't know. I think if the airport has enough trust in the rampers to bypass security then it is an insult to make flight crews do it. Even if it was only at their home airport where you could have a SIDA badge that got you in and out of the sterile areas. Everyone treats us like we are the ones who might smuggle something on an airplane and they forget...they let us in the most HIGHLY GUARDED and TREASURED spot in the airline today...the COCKPIT! Lets see the rampers or TSA screeners try to get in there for a flight....or anyone else for that matter, not going to happen. It is an insult to us they make us go through security.

I propose they cancel this "clear pass" deal they are doing for the passengers and turn it over to the flight crews. You don't get a clear card unless you are in CASS and then just let it say you are who you say you are. Sorry for the rant!

:yeahthat:

Seriously Josh, lay off the TSA guys. This isnt the only thread you have turned into a one-sided pilots vs TSA crap fest. They do the best they can within the situation given to them. Sure there may be a couple gems out there, but I'm sure your airline has just as many behind the controls.

Some of the crap that people spew out on here amazes me.

Okay. . .and what's your name?

Want a tit for tat? I'd rather not, but clearly you find it would be beneficial to the discussion.

If you'd like to address anything that I have specifically say, I'm game.

The TSA is nothing to be proud of, especially as a service member who protected the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Yet, we have TSA agents running around who are simply doing the work for the minders at the Ministry of Peace and Truth, respectfully.

No oversight, just kneejerk reactions - when they feel it prudent to do them.

Who is watching the watchers? It doesn't seem anyone is, so we as American citizens must.

Don't like it? I'm sorry. I'm not here to make every single person who disagrees with me all giddy and cheerful about the things I say. :rolleyes:

Justin....I'm gonna have to go w/ Surreal on this one. It has been proven repeatedly the TSA fails more than they succeed. Does that mean every single TSA agent is a boob? No, of course not. However, what is true is that it is a joke of an agency and a sham to 'real' security. It is mostly a bunch of clowns, (w/ a real badge now....they must know what they're doing...:rolleyes:) who managed to land a cushy Federal Govt. job.

Every new rule that comes down the pipe is generally more laughable than the previous one.

Again, not saying every TSA agent is a knuckle-dragger......but I'd venture to say many are. I feel real safe knowing they're 'on the job' (and I use that w/ great levels of :sarcasm:).

Back