Airplane Repo

Its on Discovery right now. Opened with a scene of a Gulfstream G2 landing and about a dozen cop cars blocking it on the taxiway...

Just watched my first show.

I like the part where it shows how the TSA is impotent.

And the pilot that sold his boss' log books for the price of a day trip. :D

It's just silly, but the aviation scenes are worth watching. Also, what airplane repo guy goes out on a job without a handheld GPS or handheld radio. Really?

And why are they committing crimes and playing these dumb games with these owners. Just walk up in daylight hours with the cops and say calmly, this airplane has now been repossessed by the bank. Please leave the premisses. If you attempt to stop us, you will be arrested for attempted theft. Have a nice day. Why can't it be like that, I would still watch it. What they are doing is stupid and seems illegal but I'm sure it's all staged so they never actually did anything wrong.

And why are they committing crimes and playing these dumb games with these owners. Just walk up in daylight hours with the cops and say calmly, this airplane has now been repossessed by the bank. Please leave the premisses. If you attempt to stop us, you will be arrested for attempted theft. Have a nice day. Why can't it be like that, I would still watch it. What they are doing is stupid and seems illegal but I'm sure it's all staged so they never actually did anything wrong.

Because you wouldn't have the hype for the show that attracts everyone else as us airplane types are not the largest demographic in the country. :)

So the Lear 55 mws system is pretty advanced. Has a horn to go with the flasher, and gets louder and more insistent as it goes to commercial break.

I work at GYY every once in a while. The airport is in a nasty location. I haven't ever seen them show the area around the airport.

So the Lear 55 mws system is pretty advanced. Has a horn to go with the flasher, and gets louder and more insistent as it goes to commercial break.

I thought the same thing, I have never heard any tone when I get a master caution. I love how dramatic they made it too, but in the Landing scene you could see flaps. I didn't know when you blew down the gear, it also worked the flaps lol.

I find it hard to believe how dumb the guy trying to repo the Cessna jet is. He leaves the log books unlocked in his car so the owner can steal them, the leaves the jet unguarded so the owner can sneak away with his jet, then they show him on the runway with cop lights flashing so you just *knew* the plane would do a touch and go... I like the show but it's hard to believe sometimes.

Why did the R44 get immediately hassled by security when it landed at that airport at night?! I mean isn't that kind of what airports are for...? I do like the Texas guy, even though he seems extremely full of himself. Although 75% of him seeming cool is probably the stache.

TrinidadGT20 said:
I find it hard to believe how dumb the guy trying to repo the Cessna jet is. He leaves the log books unlocked in his car so the owner can steal them, the leaves the jet unguarded so the owner can sneak away with his jet, then they show him on the runway with cop lights flashing so you just *knew* the plane would do a touch and go... I like the show but it's hard to believe sometimes.

Although I have to ask who keeps the logbooks with the plane? I always keep mine at the house in a firebox.

This show is absolute fiction and recreations of events. 10% is probably true and the rest of the 90% is made up Hollywood drama.

Non-pilot here (just a wannabe living vicariously through the real pilots here)... When he took off in the plane without radios or avionics, isn't that illegal? I thought you must file a flight plan with ATC before any takeoff. Wouldn't flying a plane without avionics or radios result in fighter jets being scrambled or something?

Non-pilot here (just a wannabe living vicariously through the real pilots here)... When he took off in the plane without radios or avionics, isn't that illegal? I thought you must file a flight plan with ATC before any takeoff. Wouldn't flying a plane without avionics or radios result in fighter jets being scrambled or something?
No, no, and no.

Back