Airplane Rental around Seattle?

tlewis95

I drive planes
It looks like I might be spending a few weeks up in Seattle soon and wouldn't mind going out to explore the Cascades, Olympic mountains, Pacific coast, and San Juan islands. Does anyone have any recommendations for a spam can to rent with a reasonable checkout and decent rate? I also wouldn't mind splitting time on some flying with someone already checked out somewhere to save some money on a checkout and help get a new pilot a few hours.

The other option is to go tool around with a CFI from Kenmore in one of their Super Cubs on floats. I wont have the time or money to get the rating done but a few hours on the water can't hurt.

Thanks

The farther away from Seattle you can get the better. Bremerton has a 152 at 106 and Olympia a 150 at 95. I just got that in five minutes using google.

I learned to fly out in Bremerton. Great folks and the checkout will be a ton faster not dealing with BFI or even RNT.

May be cheaper to get a UPC checkout with OpenAirplane if you are near a participating FBO and you can use it at other location. They have two participating locations, closest one is in Everett if you can drive there. Just a thought.

The OpenAirplane location in Everett is Regal Air at Paine Field KPAE.
http://www.regalair.com/rentals/rates/
They have pretty good rates and instructors.
non-OpenAirplane checkout procedure is the standard "take-home test + 1 hour checkout flight".
They have a bunch of approaches (ILS, GPS, VOR/DME Arc, VOR) and Paine Field is the home of Boeing Commercial, so you may get a glimpse of a new 787 taking off.
Plus Everett is a good launchpad for exploring the San Juans.

Back