Coast to Coast (from Chicago) in a Seminole

Amazing trip and great photos. I enjoyed it all, from the Catalina approach to the Piper Museum to the T&G at ORD. Just amazing. That's a nicely equipped Seminole, too. Color me green with envy. Check us out here in the Pacific NW on your next trip 'round the country. We've got some great aviation sites & airports up in these parts.

Thanks, and I love the PNW!

I did about 15 hours of flying around there from CVO in a rented C172 a few years ago and really enjoyed it!

Really cool man.
Bypass Iowa, direct The Good Life...always a good call.

That coin toss out of FFA was clever.

Too bad you won't fly it here at CFI school.. all its gonna be the GPS 12R partial panel, and the ILS 12L single engine.

On XCs you will though.. I never had trouble with the NOTWN2.. idk why people are idiots. It's always the G1000 pilots who's autopilot effs it up.. Or their SA is just incredibly bad.. wait.. thats 80% of GA pilots :banghead:

What is so bad about it anyway? Looking at the chart, the only thing I see Is the crossing restriction at RUZCO...And the climb gradients that many standard trainers are incapable of in the summer heat.

What is so bad about it anyway? Looking at the chart, the only thing I see Is the crossing restriction at RUZCO...And the climb gradients that many standard trainers are incapable of in the summer heat.

Dude I have no idea.... haha its all simple to me as well

I didn't think that it was anything too hard either. The climb gradient did suck, but it is pretty simple and still somewhat efficient for getting airplanes up and out of the airspace heading south.

That was awesome dude! It was cool to see the road over the canyon complete now. I was there a couple of years ago and they hadn't even started the road deck yet. If you have the patience you should post some more. Those were very cool and it was awesome to spot many of the places we fly over in the Dash.

Great Post! I could really feel the excitement of the trip and the reliefs, like when you landed in Catalina. Gives great inspiration for a student pilot, i'll have to look back on this again when I'm stuck doing maneuvers everyday, just so I can remember the broad picture... Oh and Beavis and Butthead Rocks! (huhu)

Back