Airnet or Flight Express

I tried to figure it out myself and still haven't quite gotten it.

I'll just start a new thread in here when I figure it out.

I am very interested in going to Airnet, and I would not object to SICing for a few hundred hours until I meet PIC mins, though, if there is currently no need for PICs, what does an SIC do when he/she reaches PIC mins?

Also, what is the inside scoop on the Lears? I've heard the Lear runs are being cut, and also that turboprops are being considered to replace them? Realistically, how long is the upgrade from Prop to Lear SIC looking, for someone hired late 08/early 09?

If you're looking at Airnet to get into the jet I would suggest to look somewhere else, you'll get there a lot faster. If you're going to Airnet because you like the Corporate culture, flying, and generally outstanding co-workers, start the application process.

When an SIC reaches PIC mins, he/she sent on an open run - if there aren't any open, they watch informercials until their eyeballs pop out.

My app is in, just updated it the other day. I've had a few nice talks with Washka, so we'll see where that goes.

Just to ask the question, where else would you suggest someone with low (700TT/550 Multi) time look? I'm open minded, but I do consider Airnet to be a stable, quality company, and I don't mind being up all night ;)

Back