Airnet or Flight Express

Is this an SIC time building PFT program or something?

Thats what it is. They bring in people with low time and let them fly as SIC on the props. Its their way of letting you gain experience doing things "the Airnet way" so that when you become PIC, you know what you are doing. Prop SIC's make minimum 16k/year. Most probably make minimum pay. I'm currently benefiting from their SIC program.

Thats what it is. They bring in people with low time and let them fly as SIC on the props. Its their way of letting you gain experience doing things "the Airnet way" so that when you become PIC, you know what you are doing. Prop SIC's make minimum 16k/year. Most probably make minimum pay. I'm currently benefiting from their SIC program.

To clear things up jason PFT=Pay for Time.

Do us freight dogs have anything better to do on a Sunday night except post at the same time!:laff:

At Airnet some of the runs fly 100+ hrs a month as well. For some people flight time is more important than money...wait, no it's not...but anyway you'll get paid very well for flying that much.

Mike, Jordan, and Adam...there's still time to enroll in school. Today is the first day and I'm packing my lunch right now. Back to school, back to school...

Oops. I had the acronym jumbled up. I was thinking PAID for training not pay for training. My mistake. The other guys are correct. Airnet does pay the prop SIC's.

If I were doing it today I have to regretfully say I'd probably do Airnet. From what I can tell they work a lot harder, generally at night vs. a lot of day runs at FLX, and of course it's a Big Company and I get the impression (from the outside) that there might be a little bit of Big Company BS that goes along with that. I've never been able to figure out the pay structure at Airnet, but at FLX it's not difficult to make high 30s your first year flying maybe 4 hours a day (but sitting at an FBO for another 6-10). Overall impression is pay is a little better on average at FLX to start, but airnet will pass it second or third year, plus you'll be in a lear. I could be wrong about all that.

On the other hand, well, what everyone else said. In a few years you could find yourself typed on a jet with 1000TPIC. That's pretty hard to look sideways at.

The only person I can think of who I'd recommend FLX to over Airnet is maybe a guy who already has a lot of time and is looking for a place to hang his hat and ride out the storm. It's a fun job and when you get a run you like, it's pretty easy too. Great management, zero BS.

Frankly, though, the way things are right now, if I were a low time guy I'd take whichever one called first and thank my lucky stars I'm not getting furloughed from an RJ.

Good luck.

The one that actually gives you a job is the one I'd go with. Depending on your particular situation. My friend is in the pool at airnet and he didn't seem to think that classes were expected anytime soon.

The one that actually gives you a job is the one I'd go with. Depending on your particular situation. My friend is in the pool at airnet and he didn't seem to think that classes were expected anytime soon.

Is it safe to assume that a successfull interview at airnet in the upcoming days will result in being hired into a pool? (PIC)

It doesn't matter though, really. In this game goals will be goals. If your(mine) goal is to fly for USC ; then you'll (me) focus on that type of flying. What if you think when you're entitled to be SIC in lear, you'll be SIC in a lear? If you're lucky enough to be PIC in Baron then you'll be PIC in a Baron. Ya dig?

No one dictates what is commensurate at the time, but what if flying for USC is what you're shooting for?

Timing is a lot of it, but Lears ain't the only thing flying for Airnet...

I have no idea what you're saying so here is a picture of a bunny balancing a teapot on it's head...
Aut_0762.jpg

Well, to get back on track. The hiring pool is based on your TT and not your interview date, that is why it's good to call/e-mail times weekly. I heard this a couple weeks ago from someone in Columbo training. The entire class was under 135mins, even though in the pool there were peeps with 1200+TT. The reasoning behind why they hired the younglings was because we DON'T have a need for PIC's right now. They put them through training and SIC'ing because they are planning for attrition in the next 2-3 months. So you never really know when you will be called up out of the pool whether you have 1200+ or 600hrs.

Back