Airnet KBUF

TravDK

Staying optimistic lately and day dreaming about companies hiring again (a guy can dream) ... For you Airnet guys, how difficult would it be to secure a KBUF base? I grew up there and despite the beautiful weather down here I am itching to get back "home."

I did a few intro flights out of Prior Aviation before I took the plunge and had scene the Van pilots. Seemed like nice guys.

AFAIK, there's only one BUF based prop...probably a Navajo (at least it used to be) and the guy up there (unless he's moved on) probably isn't going anywhere until he moves on. It used to be a decent paying/5 day run, so not too bad if you lived there.

-mini

Mini,

Thanks. Work has really dried out lately... I am really praying that having the 135 mins may get me back into the game of paying bills. My goal is still to do it freight style.

When that run was open (and when it switched to be out of Hartford) it was one of the better paying runs out there.

Even had an SIC for a while, IIRC. (lots of flying)

-mini

That it did. Mine held the record for number of times he let the door open in flight (in the winter!) and also the record for number of times someone has saved my certificate.

Wait, that was 163 in the Baron.

That it did. Mine held the record for number of times he let the door open in flight (in the winter!) and also the record for number of times someone has saved my certificate.

Wait, that was 163 in the Baron.
Ha! ...I was "awarded" 163 in the initial round of "shuffling" following the first round of furloughs. It was pretty simple by that time though. BTV and back then TEB, BOS and back. Mondays might have been PHL TEB and back... Spent the week (one week...I was awarded an LCK run two days before I was to report for 163) sleeping on the couch, showering at the gym and eating food packed into a cooler in the back seat of my car. Fun times.

Doors opening in winter are not fun. Not fun at all.

-mini

Ha! ...I was "awarded" 163 in the initial round of "shuffling" following the first round of furloughs. It was pretty simple by that time though. BTV and back then TEB, BOS and back. Mondays might have been PHL TEB and back... Spent the week (one week...I was awarded an LCK run two days before I was to report for 163) sleeping on the couch, showering at the gym and eating food packed into a cooler in the back seat of my car. Fun times.

Doors opening in winter are not fun. Not fun at all.

-mini

You flew with me on 163 once.

thanks again... I'll keep my fingers crossed. For all the bad rep buffalo gets with the cold and snow... 25 years born and raised and I love that city. Awesome food, community, and obviously FOUR super bowls! (winning is over-rated)

What the heck does IIRC mean?????? I have seen it in all kinds of threads lately and I must be missing out on something.

IF everything went back to the way it used to in BUF back in the olden days it wasn't too hard to get a spot there. That was back when there were 4ish(I may be off by 1) runs there. I'd sell short on that ever happening again.

BUF had 5 runs when I flew out of there, only 1 now. 224, more killer than ever unless it changed since I left. Last I knew it was BUF-ROC-SYR-TEB-HFD-TEB-BDL-BUF. Very good pay, 5 days a week, not HFD on friday though. May have changed though. Used to be Navajos too, add another.5 a night for the van I suppose.

yea now it only does buf-roc-syr-teb-syr-roc/buf. that guy isn't going anywhere unless people start hiring..

Back