Airnet KBUF

I worked line at Prior in 2005-06. I remember us having three regular Airnet guys going out every night, we also had about 4 or 5 overnight Navajos at any given time. We also turned a Lear at about 2200. One of the pilots was Kevin, he was a really nice guy and I used to talk to him about flight training (I was going for my PPL then). I remember one night I was working the overnight shift, and I just sat in one of the Navajos for what must have been an hour.

I still live in Buffalo and would love one of those slots once I have 135 mins. I don't expect that soon and fortunately have other things on my plate to keep me busy and fed (school, full time job, CFI ticket).

thanks again... I'll keep my fingers crossed. For all the bad rep buffalo gets with the cold and snow... 25 years born and raised and I love that city. Awesome food, community, and obviously FOUR super bowls! (winning is over-rated)

I see you're in Vero. I moved back here in January after living three years in Daytona ('nuff said). Everybody looked at me funny for a while when they found out I had moved from FL back north... I'll just say it was well worth it. I really love it here and hope I can make something work in aviation.

I see you're in Vero. I moved back here in January after living three years in Daytona ('nuff said). Everybody looked at me funny for a while when they found out I had moved from FL back north... I'll just say it was well worth it. I really love it here and hope I can make something work in aviation.

I'm called crazy myself... just something about being a Buffalonian.

I worked line at Prior in 2005-06. I remember us having three regular Airnet guys going out every night, we also had about 4 or 5 overnight Navajos at any given time. We also turned a Lear at about 2200. One of the pilots was Kevin, he was a really nice guy and I used to talk to him about flight training (I was going for my PPL then). I remember one night I was working the overnight shift, and I just sat in one of the Navajos for what must have been an hour.

I still live in Buffalo and would love one of those slots once I have 135 mins. I don't expect that soon and fortunately have other things on my plate to keep me busy and fed (school, full time job, CFI ticket).

I believe that would've been Kevin D, he was a good guy. I flew into BUF three times a week back when I had 147 out of TEB in '06 and '07. I always liked the folks at Prior.

05-06 would have been Kevin M, yes?

Also, as stated previously there are no longer 3 people based there, just one.

05-06 would have been Kevin M, yes?.

Yes, it was Kevin M. Any word on where he is/how he's doing?

That's too bad that it's only one guy based here. Will there be more if/when more of you guys get called back? I've always wanted to be an Airnet guy, even back in '07 when shiny jets were oh-so-easy to get to.

On a similar note, a former instructor of mine was flying for Airnow at the same time period. Does anyone know if they still run 3 EMB-120s and a van out of BUF?

Last I heard he was flying for a charter company in MI.

No idea if there'll ever be more people in BUF as things change too frequently to keep up with, let alone forecast.

More importantly...

When am I being recalled for YNG-ERI-YNG On duty 0300, off duty 0600 Monday and Thursday in a Baron?:bandit:

-mini

*consults crystal ball* It'll be on a Thursday.
carnac.jpg

Thank you, oh wise one! :rotfl:

-mini

Back