Airnet: Jumpseat on the lear?

USMC-SSGT

I read that Airnet is CASS approved but was not sure how it worked.

I am attempting to make it to EWR this evening but possibly forsee some problems getting there unless I gave up the whole day to fly out early. I see that the lear does BOS to TEB which is close enough but not sure how it works.

I know that besides the lear all of their fleet is single pilot so unless they are using an SIC you could occupy the right seat on those but what about the lear? With the CA and FO occupying both seats is there sometype of jumpseat stuck somewhere in there or does it not apply in that a/c?

Flying out of BOS tonight, if it were possible to jump on airnet how would I do it and who would I list with? I will already be at BOS trying to grab the 7pm xjet to EWR and then my backup is an 8 to LGA and an 8:30 to LGA and then my last backup is the 8:45 on Honda Accord. It would be handy if those flights all fell through I could just walk over to the fedex area cargo ramp and grab a ride.

Can it be done? What is the procedure if it can be done?

Not to jump on the bandwagon here but if anyone could throw some info my way also about JS on Airnet, I would really appreciate it. I have thought about doing it before to get home when I cant get anything else out but I have no idea where to start....

So yeah.
You need to be a pilot with a part 135/121 airline.
Your airline needs to have a reciprocal jumpseat agreement with Airnet.
Airnet is CASS approved. Part 135 On Demand with a system running M-TH. There are some flights on Friday and the weekend but they are scattered.
All Learjets have 2 jumpseats, one of them has three seats.
All props have one jumpseat, some 'jos have 2.

Please PM me or another Airnet pilot for the listing number.

What level of red tape is involved in getting a "reciprocal agreement" with you guys? I know we take airnet guys and southwest guys out of MDW fairly often (I can let Charles Manson in the other seat if I want, I just have to tell the boss), but I don't think we have any "official" agreement. I know there's no way my boss is going to pay for a coordinator, but if it's relatively simple and I can do it for free, he might go for it. If it requires CASS, might as well forget it.

Do the Airnet lears have a headset/microphone jack and audio panel for the jumpseat occupant? There are jacks for headsets on the aft of the pedestal in our lear 31a's, but the maintenance guys say they're not connected to anything...

Do the Airnet lears have a headset/microphone jack and audio panel for the jumpseat occupant? There are jacks for headsets on the aft of the pedestal in our lear 31a's, but the maintenance guys say they're not connected to anything...
We do not.
Some crews use ear plugs and the overhead speaker while others use the intercomm but it's only for the pilots.

I wondered how you do line checks if the check airmen can't plug in? (That's really what I was trying to get at. We wanted our observation people to have a better system then trying to plug an intercom built for a Seminole into the copilot audio panel)

mickecweb said:
intercomm

Even more alien technology from our alien overlords at Airnet Systems. I for one welcome you to Earth and am anxious to learn the use of these "intercomms" "RNAVs" and "GPSes" to control the minds of the human cattle.

Even more alien technology from our alien overlords at Airnet Systems. I for one welcome you to Earth and am anxious to learn the use of these "intercomms" "RNAVs" and "GPSes" to control the minds of the human cattle.
Damn even most of the Barons have that "new" technology.
Some of the old school captains still don't believe in the intercomms and use the handmics and ear plugs.

Damn even most of the Barons have that "new" technology.
Some of the old school captains still don't believe in the intercomms and use the handmics and ear plugs.
Young buck, I can see you doing the earplugs and handmic thing... are you "old school like that"?

Personally, I am an ANR protect my hearing at all costs because I'm gonna be deaf like Kendall's Cappie is...;) (used to be the pilots I picked up out of CLT going to LCK), and Kendall was my classmate from indoc at the Net!!!!:rawk:

Both of them aren't at Airnet anymore.
Kendall went to NetJets when our pilots still were competitive over there. And the skipper got out of flying.

From my last flight at Airnet:

DSCF0020.jpg

Back