Airline types here.....

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
How have jumpseating rules changed for your particular airline post 9/11?

I remember UAL let most anyone jump, agreement or not, if you were a 135 carrier. You were priority 3 or something like that if I'm remembering my experiences right.

I know that snooty Delta finally opened their jumpseat a few years ago, but what changes have they gone through?:D

Doug, you carrying that Desert Eagle .357 in the shoulder holster yet?
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the desert eagle was a .50 cal

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mk IX Desert Eagle's come in .357, .44, and .50.

There was a .41 Desert Eagle in the Mk VII series, but I don't know if it's still produced.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, there is the Desert Eagle 50 caliber Action Express !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, sir.

Pre 9/11 on a Virgin flight accross the pond I jumpsat for take off and was told by the crew to come back whenever I was bored.

.50 Cal would be a little big for an airline. I know this is a little of the subject but how do you qualify you're self to carry as a pilot and does it only pertain to 121 ops what about 135 ops. I saw a show on pilots and if I remember right they had to go back to VA or the D.C. area to get qualified. Are they restricted to bullet thay can use? I think air marshalls have a certain shell that can't penetrate the aircraft but will ^%#$ up a person pretty good. Are pilots required to carry the same.

[ QUOTE ]
.50 Cal would be a little big for an airline. I know this is a little of the subject but how do you qualify you're self to carry as a pilot and does it only pertain to 121 ops what about 135 ops. I saw a show on pilots and if I remember right they had to go back to VA or the D.C. area to get qualified. Are they restricted to bullet thay can use? I think air marshalls have a certain shell that can't penetrate the aircraft but will ^%#$ up a person pretty good. Are pilots required to carry the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not off the subject at all. Actually very related.

Doug? A300? Don't know the answer for the airlines. In the military, I'm packing all the time.

And my tag-along question to that is: Are armed pilots just for the pax airlines, or for cargo too. Might sound like a stupid question, but I ask it in light of the Fedex DC-10 that had the former Fedex pilot attack the crew.

It is also to my understanding that it must remain hidden unless you are in the cockpit and then you can do whatever you want. Like shoot the lids off of your soda cans! Oh wait that was a Simpson episode. I know that each state has its own Concealed weapon permit and that they don't transfer over to some states. With this in hand I'm assuming it is different within the airports because they are federaaly controlled.

we can carry if we want too, it is cleared by the CO/CP. I see no need I can bounce the pax up and down faster than I can draw and shoot,

Up

down

Up

down

After they are dizzy and unable to move they are going to get a 210 pound FO kicking their semi lifeless ass until they are no longer breathing, or till I get bored

whichever comes first.

Ya but what about opening your pop can it would be so much easier with a gun even ask Homer

fly22...

50 caliber be a little big for an airline?

LOL,
grin.gif

Most SWAT teams in urban cities have a 45 caliber USP as their sidearm of choice!!!

So yes, I think a 50 would probably be illegal simply because it is WAY to strong. Would go through a person and the aircraft with no problem.

So how HAVE jumpseat rules changed post 9/11?

Sorry to hijack the hijack, but I'm really interested in the answer to this question.
wink.gif

Oh ya, good question
blush.gif
I forgot that is what we were talking about. I'd like to know if I'm a 135 operator can I ride along in a 121 op.

[ QUOTE ]
How have jumpseating rules changed for your particular airline post 9/11?

I remember UAL let most anyone jump, agreement or not, if you were a 135 carrier. You were priority 3 or something like that if I'm remembering my experiences right.

I know that snooty Delta finally opened their jumpseat a few years ago, but what changes have they gone through?:D

Doug, you carrying that Desert Eagle .357 in the shoulder holster yet?
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The TSA, in all of it's infinite wisdom will not allow an offline pilot into the jumpseat. When I jumpseat America West to DFW, there has to be a seat in the passenger cabin in order for me to get a ride.

But Mesa, being a codeshare carrier for America West with the ability to electronically verify their employment can physically occupy the jumpseat.

Nah, I don't have the Desert Eagle, I'm packing an AR-15 with a folding stock!

Doug don't *%!@@ around!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Doug don't *%!@@ around!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, you should sell JC t-shirts with the logo on the front and that slogan on the back.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[
The TSA, in all of it's infinite wisdom will not allow an offline pilot into the jumpseat. When I jumpseat America West to DFW, there has to be a seat in the passenger cabin in order for me to get a ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now how does TSA hve a say in that decision? Sounds more like company policy should be able to override?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doug don't *%!@@ around!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, you should sell JC t-shirts with the logo on the front and that slogan on the back.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a way for Doug to profit from this site!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doug don't *%!@@ around!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a way for Doug to profit from this site!

[/ QUOTE ]

To grow his cult

[ QUOTE ]
[To grow his cult

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty soon he'll be serving us all Kool-Aid........

Back