Airline types here.....

Ya, but we would be drinking it naked, am I thinking of the right cult?
frown.gif
Oh wait I've only seen one girl (Sarah) on here besides Kristie so that means I'd be drinking Kool Aid with a bunch of naked pilots
ooo.gif
let me re-think about joining, na!

Where the hell did the naked thing come from?? This cult is going to be beer drinking, cigar smoking, stripper watching cult! No H-O-M-O activities!

[ QUOTE ]
Where the hell did the naked thing?? This cult is going to be beer drinking, cigar smoking, stripper watching cult! No H-O-M-O activities!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of the late Jim Jones and his Club Med to Guyana trip.

[ QUOTE ]
This cult is going to be beer drinking, cigar smoking, stripper watching cult! No H-O-M-O activities!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a typical evening at Riddle when I was there!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where the hell did the naked thing?? This cult is going to be beer drinking, cigar smoking, stripper watching cult! No H-O-M-O activities!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of the late Jim Jones and his Club Med to Guyana trip.

[/ QUOTE ] Well when put into that perspective hell ya!!!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Now how does TSA hve a say in that decision? Sounds more like company policy should be able to override?

[/ QUOTE ]

The TSA is more or less an unchecked overlord with reign over the airlines.

I think we're starting a trial period of certain carriers being able to ride an offline jumpseat, but I'm not sure when it starts. All with the guarded apprehensious blessing of the TSA.

[ QUOTE ]
How have jumpseating rules changed for your particular airline post 9/11?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

Yes, they have. In short, we could no longer take offline jumpseaters on any of our aircraft. Jumpseaters couldn't ride in the cockpit jumpseats and we had no seats in the back separated by a barrier door. In effect, they were closed to any pilots other than UPS crewmembers.

The IPA, along with other CAPA airlines have spearheaded an effort to reinstate jumpseat privilages to offline pilots using a national computerized database system and a way of cross checking ID's. The TSA, up until recently, have dragged their feet on the new system designed. They've recently agreed to a 6 month trail period to see if the system works before the TSA rules whether or not to accept it.

From our IPA hotline:

A CAPA led effort to restore offline jumpseats has resulted in a six-month pilot program that will temporarily open up jumpseats as early as August. UPS Assistant Chief Pilot Greg Schoettmer says the TSA/FAA have verbally approved the Cockpit Access Security System as a pilot program. That means participants in the CASS program will be authorized to utilize each other’s jumpseats. It’s been a year-long effort by the IPA, its fellow CAPA pilot groups and UPS to win approval of the pilot program

It appears that we’ve reached a milestone we’ve been working towards for about a year. We met last week with some senior folks at the FAA and TSA and reviewed the proposal that we’ve been working on with them to reopen offline jumpseats. What we’ve proposed to put in place is, in essence, the UPS jumpseat verification system across the industry. I think that has finally been agreed that it’s the smart thing to do. Right now, what we’ve done is we’ve gotten together with the other Air Transport Association member airlines, which is the majority of the major airlines, and they’ve all agreed they will participate in this so they will develop a database of crewmembers and dispatchers that will include a list of information for identification purposes. Those databases would be linked between all of the airlines. What that means to the crewmembers is you would be able to walk up to a counter for a participating airline, give them your airline code and your ID number. They would be able to type that in, and back would come information that would confirm you were still employed and still eligible to jumpseat and in most cases that would include a picture so they could also ID you before giving you a pass to get onto the aircraft and into the cockpit. Right now, that’s what has been approved. There is some paper work to finish up before we kick off in August. It’s a big step.

It’s supposed to be for six months. Really, what that is just a controlled group of airlines to work with, iron out any problems and make any modifications for improvement. At the end of that six months there will be a review to look at how we allow other airlines outside of the ATA members to participate.

Maybe will return to some normalcy

Back