Airline serving one destination only

Easy enough to find them though, yes? Up until that pesky EMCON 4 thing happens......
Finding the boat isn't a problem, getting everybody aboard in a timely manner is the problem.

EMCOM Alpha (no ACLS) at night can turn into a nightmare as traffic stacks up. Before things go to hell Alpha 1 gets the ACLS back up.

Eventually, somebody breaks Alpha with a fuel state call.

EDIT: EMCON conditions are various states of radio (and other emissions) silence, if anybody was curious.

Last edited:
Air Nauru has only one plane and only consistently flys one route, Brisbane - Nauru in a 737. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru

Back in the 80s when the island's phosphate mines were booming they had the highest time 737 in the world.
Looks like they added 2 more 737s and changed their name to Our Airline. With the expansion it looks like they've added a few cities. Interesting reading about them on the web, few airlines can stay that small for so long and survive. Thanks for pointing that out. Here is a quote from the wiki page about their early years:

The airline also had a bad reputation for cancelling flights at the whim of its government owners, including using the Boeing 727s for low-level searches for Nauruan fisherman lost at sea while relatives on board were served alcohol by the flight attendants.

Looks like they added 2 more 737s and changed their name to Our Airline. With the expansion it looks like they've added a few cities. Interesting reading about them on the web, few airlines can stay that small for so long and survive. Thanks for pointing that out. Here is a quote from the wiki page about their early years:
Am I the only one that looked up where the hell Nauru is?

Am I the only one that looked up where the hell Nauru is?

I don't remember when/where I read about it, but the whole island is a small case study in economic/ecological disaster. The modern economy was based on phosphate (AKA guano AKA bird crap) mining, and the entire island was a boom town in the late 20th century. Until they ran out of bird crap.

Now the entire island is out of work and most of the money is long gone.

Am I the only one old enough to remember Wings Airlines in Philly? They had Trislanders and flew between PHL and Wings field. Think they did a little NE Philly too.

Never even heard of it before. The airport seems to take up 1/5 of the whole damn island. For a tropical place, it has almost no wildlife according to wiki. Strange.

Probably because most of the island was/is nothing more than a phosphate mine.

Back