Airline pilot central pay rates for United

Inverted25

Just a question for those who work there. I was talking to a United guy about pay rates and he claims United rates are much lower then what’s posted on APC. Is that true? Any one have a link to the last contract they can share?

Last edited:
Just a question for those who work there. I was talking to a United guy about pay rates and he claims United rates are much lower then what’s posted on APC. Is that true? Any one have a link to the last contract they can share?
No idea what he’s talking about but it looks like APC doesn’t show our Jan 1 raise. Couple bucks less on APC than actual.

Comparing pay rates is like comparing renting an apartment to mortgaging a home.

You can earn FDX rates but earn less than an Allegiant pilot based upon work rules.

Pay rates are a good comparison for pay if you just fly your line and go home. Credit is credit, some is earned easier with good work rules. You can pick up credit at any airline, even G4 has some making 450k+.

Everything written here is correct. Hourly rates are a poor indication of actual pay. That being said, as an AVERAGE you can say $100/hr is about $100k a year. AVERAGE. Plus or minus significantly for some. But the United rates listed are correct for 2017. There was a small raise Jan 1.

Everything written here is correct. Hourly rates are a poor indication of actual pay. That being said, as an AVERAGE you can say $100/hr is about $100k a year. AVERAGE. Plus or minus significantly for some. But the United rates listed are correct for 2017. There was a small raise Jan 1.

Was the Jan 01 raise, the "me too" clause?

They should know by now.

But rates are largely simply penis measurement.

I recently told a captain the most important thing in any contract was scope, and not rates.

He informed me I was young and short sighted.

It’s usually the other way around. Needless to say you’re 100% correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently told a captain the most important thing in any contract was scope, and not rates.

We got some gems. MCO guys want top dollar and will sacrifice anyone who stands in their way. I try to explain work rules benefit all but they want to hear none of my voodoo talk. They are selfish pricks who need to get donkey punched daily.

We got some gems. MCO guys want top dollar and will sacrifice anyone who stands in their way. I try to explain work rules benefit all but they want to hear none of my voodoo talk.

I love talking to those guys when they say gems like: "You'll be senior someday." or "The company would never do that."

If they credit more than 6-6.5 a day, it's (always ) most of the time a "pull up the rope" mentality not understanding that a rising tide raises all boats and that, for instance, a 2 Duty/3 day worth 10 hrs should pay AT LEAST 15. (or in my survey/dreamworld... 16.5!) Suddenly either they would go away or you could do a 30-33 hr/5 day.

But, hey... math.

It’s usually the other way around. Needless to say you’re 100% correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so you're saying he's short and young sighted?

No, I am saying that his Captain is extremely uneducated about this profession. If I were a gambling man, I would put money on him being prior military and at his very first airline job.

JTrain is 100% correct. Scope is THE single most important provision in the CBA. It shouldn’t be bartered at any price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your Captain was right. The most important things for a Captain are pay rates and retirement. Scope is for junior pilots who are scared of furloughs, but with a proper flow thru agreement with flow back provisions as RJ Captains, the fear of furloughs can be mitigated.

Back