Airline Pay: Is this true???

PaulS

According to this source, the poorest F/O at Delta, after their first year, makes $87,039 guaranteed per year ($96.71/hour in 2004 times (x) 75 guaranteed hours per month x 12 months per year ) in flight pay alone, pre-tax.

http://www.airlinepilotcontracts.com/Contracts/index.htm

The average Delta F/O with 5-8 years of service makes around $150,000 per year guaranteed, while the average Captain makes $225,000 guaranteed per year (guaranteed again means flight pay based on 75 hours. Their incomes are greater if they work over 900 hours per month).

If you have 12 years and are captain of a 777-200, you are guaranteed $287,649 with only 900 hours per year, over $300,000 if you fly close to 1000 hours.

Comair F/Os make around $35,000 guaranteed after one year, while 3-6 years of service and Captain status will get you between $57,000 and $63,000 per year on a CRJ 40/44/50, while fetching between $63,000 and $67,500 on a CRJ 70.

*Remember, these incomes are only flight pay, without per diem or trip and duty rig. This is calculated on your guaranteed 75 hour per month pay. These figures are higher if you work more.

That's a lot of money, both regional and major!!!!

These pay grades become effective May 1, 2004.

Delta, by far, has the highest-paid pilots, right Doug?

A senior AA captain/FO makes less than a junior captain/FO at Delta, flying the same equipment.

this doesnt seem to take into consideration that blasted pay cut they are trying to shove everyones throats, hopefully that doesnt go through!!

Something else to consider is that due to furloughs, the remaining pilot group is more senior. If you say the most junior Delta F/O is making X amount. You have to remember that the guy might be on sixth year pay because everyone below that on the list is laid off.

[ QUOTE ]
According to this source, the poorest F/O at Delta, after their first year, makes $87,039 guaranteed per year ($96.71/hour in 2004 times (x) 75 guaranteed hours per month x 12 months per year ) in flight pay alone, pre-tax.

[/ QUOTE ] I highly doubt the initial, sitting on reserve F/O is making that much.. when doug started, he was making $25000 per year based in ATL on the 727 FE seat (and that was the bottom of the line)...

don't forget you have to take into account the base, the aircraft type and the start date.. each year, salary does increase but you do still start on the low end and work your way up the seniority line.

[ QUOTE ]
The average Delta F/O with 5-8 years of service makes around $150,000 per year guaranteed

[/ QUOTE ] not guaranteed since doug doesn't even make that much yet and he's coming up on year 7 and flies nearly 75 hrs a month...

[ QUOTE ]
If you have 12 years and are captain of a 777-200, you are guaranteed $287,649 with only 900 hours per year, over $300,000 if you fly close to 1000 hours.

[/ QUOTE ] this may be true since the captain has put in a lot of time and is higher in seniority as well as in the highest paid aircraft.

[ QUOTE ]
Comair F/Os make around $35,000 guaranteed after one year, while 3-6 years of service and Captain status will get you between $57,000 and $63,000 per year on a CRJ 40/44/50, while fetching between $63,000 and $67,500 on a CRJ 70.

[/ QUOTE ]dunno about the comair guys but by my guess, i wouldn't think they'd be making over the Delta F/O. maybe some of the DCA/comair guys can help with this question...

[ QUOTE ]
*Remember, these incomes are only flight pay, without per diem or trip and duty rig. This is calculated on your guaranteed 75 hour per month pay. These figures are higher if you work more.

[/ QUOTE ] minus per diem? i could see the figures if they included per diem but without it - these numbers seem too high... Doug will be better with answering whether these are true or not - considering the source, they do look like their from the same contract.

Quote:
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I highly doubt the initial, sitting on reserve F/O is making that much.. when doug started, he was making $25000 per year based in ATL on the 727 FE seat (and that was the bottom of the line)...

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I need to clarify. The poorest pilot is discounting the first year. As of the May 2004 contract, DAL FE's, along with all other first year pilots, make $56/hr x 75 hrs = $50,400.

Also, these pay scales are taken out of the actual DAL pilot contract. These are actual copies, not just estimated pay levels.

Those pay scales are correct. First year pilots make around $50K per year. Anyone in their second year is making six figures.

Who has traditionally paid the most? Has it always been Delta? Or does it switch around a lot?

Also, how do you navigate your resume and self so that you can be hired by, for example Delta? Would working for a Delta Connection Carrier, i.e. Comair, increase your odds for working at Delta?

[ QUOTE ]
Those pay scales are correct. First year pilots make around $50K per year. Anyone in their second year is making six figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

The corollary to this is that there's no one at Delta, United or American making 2nd year pay; due to all the furloughs, the most junior pilots on the property are somewhere around the 3-5 year mark.

Paul S. the numbers sound like averages, so the poorest pilot at Delta, after their first would not be making $87,000.

I'm in year 7 and I don't make near $150,000.

I wish I did, however, woo hoo!

hey doug - since your a DL pilot, can you clarify this a bit more? how do the contract numbers work?

[ QUOTE ]
Their incomes are greater if they work over 900 hours per month

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so. Man, and I thought my job sucked--that's a 225 hour work week.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Their incomes are greater if they work over 900 hours per month

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so. Man, and I thought my job sucked--that's a 225 hour work week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ment 900 hours per year

Back