Airline Pay: Is this true???

Because UAL and US Airways went bankrupt, and pretty much everybody else has made wage concessions to prevent their companies from doing likewise.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know why NW and DAL pay the largest salaries by so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they rock....well Delta does at least
tongue.gif

Actually airline pilot salaries are often competitive. First United pilots got there mega salaries.

Then Delta's pilot contract was up well Delta pilots they remembered what United pilots got at the negotiating table and so they wanted an "industry leading" contract better then what United pilots got.

And well they got it.

American airline pilots then wanted a contract better then what Delta pilots got but the events of 9/11 happened and stalled them getting there own super mega contract.

Otherwise American pilots would be the highest paid in the industry.

Had American airline pilots gotten a huge raise and 9/11 not occured and the airlines remained profitable when Northwest pilot contracts were up they woulda wanted a contract better then what pilots at American were getting and so on and so forth.

Me thinks this sysyem of pilot contract negotiations is now dead and done with.

They have a name for this in the industry but it escapes my memory as of the moment.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
If you have 12 years and are captain of a 777-200, you are guaranteed $287,649 with only 900 hours per year, over $300,000 if you fly close to 1000 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many 777 pilots do Delta have?? I heard only around 30, but not sure if that sounds right????

[ QUOTE ]
Have DAL and NWA traditionally paid the most in the industry? Or does it change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Constantly changes.

[ QUOTE ]
How many 777 pilots do Delta have?? I heard only around 30, but not sure if that sounds right????

[/ QUOTE ]

123 FO's, 86 captains out of probably 7,000 pilots.

[ QUOTE ]
Me thinks this sysyem of pilot contract negotiations is now dead and done with.

They have a name for this in the industry but it escapes my memory as of the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....perpetual force majeur.
mad.gif

Back