Airline on A&E

Last three people on the jet and there are three seats together? Puleeeeze!

A passenger freaks because a passenger doesn't have an ID?

Question: How does she even know in the first place?

Second, if the passenger wanted to talk to the agent about the ID-lesss passenger, they'd have said, have a seat or catch the next flight...

[ QUOTE ]

No, Sisqo is broke because his music sucks without the rest of Dru Hill...

And he spent what he had on too much "Bright lights and fancy restaurants..."
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be!

some of this, i could see... but other stuff like the people late for their international flight or the guy that smells is just pure publicity for southwest and if you ask me - just not right... there is no portion of southwest that would give away their uniform for anyone and if southwest was doing their job, they would have called and let china airlines know that their 2 missing pax were at the airport and would have been at the gate 5 minutes late.. but instead, they help them to miss their flight... to me - that is a major southwest BAD!
mad.gif

and the couple with the kids board last on the plane and there are 3 seats together - comeon.... there's no way that would be possible since it's first come/first serve....
confused.gif

and then the flight crew notices an inebriated couple - and yet they serve alchohol in the sky... hmmmmm....that just doesn't fly...

this show is absolutely - for the most part - bogus!! sorry.....
shocked.gif

OK, so things were bugus. I still thought it was a good show. I mean is suvivor all real. I liked the part when the dog had an accident in the terminal. Oh ya and what idiots are told they cant fly because they are drunk and then they go to the bar.

This show sounds alot like AIRPORT on Discovery Wings. In that it only focuses on the CSA's.

I could care less about Maria.

They should focus on all aspects of the industry. Pilots,Flight attendants, CSA,Ramp agents, Tower, TRACON etc.

When does this show come on EST.?

Matthew

"They should focus on all aspects of the industry. Pilots,Flight attendants, CSA,Ramp agents, Tower, TRACON etc."

But the show isn't about the airport, it's about the AIRLINE.
tongue.gif

It isn't just CSA, they had some inflight stuff too.... And it's only two episodes in.
smile.gif

Well okay guess maybe I should give it more time. But AIRPORT seems mainly to focus on CSA's and I get bored quickly.

I'd love see them shadow a flight crew around the US that'd be fun.

But I'll give it more time fore I form an opinion.

Matthew

"I'd love see them shadow a flight crew around the US that'd be fun."

I agree!

There was a show about Cargo ops on Discovery Wings a year back or so, and it followed the actual crews inside the plane around a long journey (not very detailed, but was still pretty cool).

So Doug, you have probably heard the questions before, but when you and Kristie are at home watching TV and cruising JC do you talk to each other or just post and/or PM each other?
grin.gif
grin.gif

As far as the three seats together thing...once when I was on SouthWest they had a mother comming with two young children late from another flight and the FA got people to move around on a full flight to open up three seats together. Free drink coupons can buy a lot of goodwill. The mother was a real bitch though, espically when she was one the phone with the hospital.

The thing that irrated me the most was the FAs on the southwest flight that would not stop bugging the pax. I rode southwest like seven times last month I can't tell you how sick I am of FAs that can't get off the PA and open seating.

Whether or not this stuff was "realistic" I thought it was hilarious. Especially about the family with the "2" year old, even the Ticket Agent said "Normally I would just let him board, but he looked like he could be over 2".....exactly.

I did get tired of them focusing on the CSA's though (except I did like the two at LAX
smile.gif
).......but when you think about it, thats just what A&E wants......they know that most of the drama will happen there instead of in the flight deck or in the cabin.

And just remember in these kind of shows:
Bad stuff happening=entertaining and $
Good stuff happening=boring (for most people) and no $

While most of us love the airline industry, the general public wants to see rowdy passengers.

Whether its bogus or not i'm hooked!
grin.gif
I think its very entertaining and gives a good laugh. Working at a restraunt for a year and a half I learned to just laugh at this kind of stuff.....not to the customers face, but to just go in the back and start laughing...its healthy when you are in an environment like that....although what I did in the restraunt is no where near as bad as what CSA's at airlines have to go through.

[ QUOTE ]
Well okay guess maybe I should give it more time. But AIRPORT seems mainly to focus on CSA's and I get bored quickly.

I'd love see them shadow a flight crew around the US that'd be fun.

But I'll give it more time fore I form an opinion.

Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

Now don't take my word on this because I haven't seen it yet, but yesterday I ordered one of those Just Planes World Air Routes DVD's.......I ordered one about a UNITED 777 from ORD to LHR and back......that is supposed to focus on the flight crew for the majority of the DVD with a little bit of the cabin crew towards the end.
I ordered this DVD because i've heard VERY good things about it from other aviation enthusiast. They also have other DVD's similar to the United 777 one, only that they follow other airlines on other routes.

In case you are interested:
www.justplanes.com

[ QUOTE ]
I guess Sisqo is broke because usually stars hang out in the Crowne Room until boarding time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet he is broke, guess he can't afford to travel in First/Biz class anymore.

I enjoyed the show, it was pretty entertaining. As for the big guy, sheesh, that guy should have to pay for "3" seats, I laughed when he wished the camera did not record what he was eating.

I have always said, those CSR's put up with plenty of crap, kind of nice that they are in the positive spot light for a change.

[ QUOTE ]
Aww, nevermind, the show kinda sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, you probably liked that Flight Attendant, he is about your age! HA! Sorry Kristie.

[ QUOTE ]
OH this is driving me nuts. The SWA gate agents keep bugging the two late passengers to China Airlines. Geez! That lady and the cameras aren't doing JACK for the passengers besides getting air time after they miss their flight.

[/ QUOTE ]
She was waiting for a tip! No, it was kind of nice that she was helping out like that, a female CSR on United one time drove my wife to a store so that she could buy nicer clothes. She was travelling on a pass & forgot about the dress code.

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, all it really says is that Southwest is the Greyhound of the air travel biz.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True when ever I flew them I always asked if they have installed the pull to stop cord yet
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, all it really says is that Southwest is the Greyhound of the air travel biz.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that ever in dispute?

What would be funny is to follow a passenger who always flies on Southwest to a different airline where, oh, my God, they assign seating on this airline? What kind of stupid arrangement is that?

confused.gif
tongue.gif

Back