Northwest
MSP
DTW
MEM

Continental
IAH
EWR
CLE

There's more, but in general, those are the big ones.

Nick

Doesn't Airtran have a hub in BWI? I know I hear a lot of Citris (Airtran Callsign) pilots on the radio and there are a lot of there jets there.

Regarding AirTran in BWI,
Yeah I guess you could call it a hub, but it's nothing like SWA there or TRS in ATL. But they do serve places like BOS, MDW, ATL, and Florida cities from BWI.

Nick

UAL also has a "hub" if you will in Seattle, but it's mostly a pilot base then anything.

Northwest also has a hub in ANC for their Cargo operation, and Tokyo as well. They have another pilot base in Seattle too.

[ QUOTE ]
US Airways
DCA
PHL
CLT
PIT
LGA
BOS

Delta
SLC
CVG
NYC triangle
ATL
MCO
DFW

American
SJU
NYC triangle
BOS?
ORD
DFW
LAX
MIA

United
NYC triangle
IAD
ORD
LAX
SFO
MIA

Southwest
BWI
PHX
LAS
DAL
HOU
MCO?
?

AirTran
ATL

Northwest
MSP
DTW
MEM

Continental
IAH
EWR
CLE

There's more, but in general, those are the big ones.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Southwest : OAK

[ QUOTE ]
AmericaWest
PHX
LAS

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they pull out of Columbus, OH already?

Yup, AWA is no longer 'hubbing' CMH.

Also an addendum to the UAL hubs, you forgot the big one, DEN.

I would add BNA (Nashville) to Southwest. They have a lot of connecting flights there.

[ QUOTE ]
Also you might consider MCI, and SEA hubs for SWA. Good amount of flights each day out of those cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definately say that MCI is a hub for SWA. I live about 10 miles from MCI and about 90% of the planes I see departing are SWA. They probably make up about 50% or more of the traffic here at MCI

I was wondering, would it be fact to say that with most airlines there flight operation bases are at there hubs.

Most are, but take AirTran for example, their world HQ is in Orlando, where as their main base of operations is Atlanta. Southwest is almost like that, Dallas is where their HQ are located, but DAL is rather small, considering some of the other cities they serve, but the Wright Amendment has alot to do with that, if not all.

From Delta Stats & Facts:

[ QUOTE ]
Major U.S. Hubs:
Atlanta
Cincinnati
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Salt Lake City

[/ QUOTE ]

According to AA's web site, their hubs are:

Chicago (O'Hare)
St. Louis
Dallas/Ft. Worth